Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Almost done

Well, I can cross the manteel off of my list of things to buy. I was really having second thoughts when I was at almost 5mil gil. In the end, I got the manteel for 3.9mil. I spent an extra 100k to get the cursed mitts, and within the course of 30 minutes, got my z.mitts and manteel.

After wearing it, I have two observations:

- The 12% song casting time reduction is awesome. I can't wait to try it out for real...
- It is the ugliest piece of gear that I have ever worn

It doesn't just look bad, it looks BAD. Fortunately, I can still activate the minstrel's ring latent w/o having to rely on the Goliard Saio. Maybe I'll seek on BRD when I finally 75 and a buffer on MNK.

Speaking of MNK, I dinged 74 the other night with my flag up in Cape Terrigan. The last time I was in a PT, I had just dinged 73 and left w/ ~2k buffer. The next 38k experience points came from EP and DC fish in Kuftal Tunnel, with a few thousand from FoV in Cape Terrigan. I don't really mind, since it has helped keep my h2h skill capped, but it would be nice to have just one more PT. I have decided to stay in the past to do campaign battles until I hit 75 (unless I get a PT invite, that is). If I can manage just 10k xp per day, I will be able to hit 75 by the end of the week.

Vay and I spent some time farming in Gustav Tunnel last week. We managed to nab the Ghost NM again, who generously dropped 3xCheviot Cloths. We both nabbed Blizzaga III scrolls, and we also got 3x Phantom Tathlums while hoping for an angel skin. In that one day of farming, we came out with a total of 1.1 mil to split between the two of us.

We also did a Royale Ramble run as a LS. No problems here, aside from gathering the right job combinations. We didn't get started until almost 2 hrs after the gather time, but all-in-all, it was a good set of runs.

My current shopping list consists of Kirin's Osode (2mil) and Hermes' Sandals (1mil). I'm at 1.3mil currently and finding it very hard to resist buying the sandals right away, since I can afford them. I think I will focus on gil-making activities for this weekend and if I have enough for the osode in the end, I'll go with that, otherwise, I'll just pick up a pair of sandals.

Why do I want these items?

Well, for Osode:
- Can be used on BRD, MNK, and WAR
- Good body for MNK
- Useful for max CHR on BRD
- It's purdy

For Sandals:
- 12% movement speed for MNK and WAR!
- 12% movement speed for MNK and WAR!!
and
- 12% movement speed for MNK and WAR!!!

I can always get +8% movement speed augment on the ASA pants, if I ever purchase that expansion. Then, I'll have some form of movement speed available for all of my 75 jobs, which is a luxury.

Now, if only that stuff would sell...
Posted Feb 2 2010, 11:48 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment