Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Finally, BRD Relic is Done (kinda)

The only events of any significance that I've done in the past week or so has been dynamis. I've been trying to stay clear of abyssea. We've done a valkurm, buburimu, and sandy (I think) since my last post. I don't really remember what happened in Valkurm, other than getting the win (which was the last that I needed to have Tav access). In Buburimu, I made out like a bandit, though. I got my MNK -1 hands, BRD -1 hands, and WAR acc (also got NIN acc, BLU-1 hands, and COR relic, but those auto-sorted to me).

I have the BRD -1 head, but have yet to see a nq roundlet drop for me to lot on. Well, we had Sandy scheduled after buburimu, so there was a chance that I'd finally get that drop.

Before dynamis, I found that my gil was in short supply. Prior to doing all of my brigid the stylist quests, I had ~3.5mil just collecting dust. Well, then I went and upgraded some gear, adding some +HP gear to my Martyr/Devotion set and upgrading my G.Axe to something a bit better than my augmented Erlking's Kheten. I ended up gearing MNK and heading out to Castle O. I left after about 6 hours with 800k or so profit.

While I was there, I was in the room with the High Priests, needing only a scroll of Tornado and Aero IV to complete my farming sessioni. I had the room all to myself, which was nice. Suddenly, right as the prelates were about to repop, a couple of THFs show up. One engages the prelate as it pops, but I get claim w/ a chi blast. Of course, he didn't like this and said something like 'try that again' in /say. I ignore him, lay waste to the mob, and move toward the next pop. In the meantime, he engages a different mob and starts killing. I manage to snag all 4 BLM pops while he's fighting other mobs, and head back to the tunnel for safety while I wait for repops.

For something to do, he decides to kill the High Priest, but links an assassin as he's pulling it from the platform. Now, he's /NIN and is using bloody bolts to try to keep his HP up. But, with no way to silence the High Priest's -ga spells, he really starts to struggle, getting hit with either jubaku or paralyze. He does manage to keep one of the mobs slept for a decent amount of time while slowly whittling down the other. At this point, he mentions in /say that I should just stand there like a scrub and not help him.

I find that funny, since I had considered helping him with his links. But, to be honest, I was more interested in watching him wipe from those EP mobs. A BRD and MNK mob links up with him, but he is eventually able to kill them all (at one point he was down to ~5% HP, but he got lucky :( ). As soon as he's done he /says 'You can kiss your account goodbye, I'm going to gm you'.

I thought that was interesting and was actually hoping to be contacted by a GM.

As he's resting, I go out and snag the 4 BLM mobs as they spawn, then return to the tunnel until the next round of pops. He eventually teams up with a RDM, BLU, and another THF. In /say he says stuff like 'I don't care who gets the kill so long as that POS MNk doesn't get the claim'. (At this time, I was AFK getting lunch on for the girls)

For the next ~2 hours or so, he continues to try to goad me into something, calling me a scrub MNK and telling me that I'm going to be banned from the GM.

Of course, I was never contacted by a GM. I wish that I had been. I almost considered calling a GM on him for harassment, but I figured that he wasn't really doing anything that couldn't be solved by /blist.

Eventually, he and his party left, and I had the room to myself once again. In the end I got just about every scroll worth more than a few thousand gil, so it was a worthwhile farming session. I just wish there was something that I could have done/said to that retarded (Kingcrossis was his name, or something like that) THF. Oh well, I guess haters gonna hate. It was painful how long it took him to kill a mob...

Anyways, since I was still relatively low on gil, I decided to comment synth mats in sandy, even though I needed BRD head still. The reason is this: the last 3 or 4 times I went to sandy, and had the brd head commented, it didn't drop. All of the other runs that I've done with the group, there is, at most, 1 other person lotting BRD stuff, even when it goes freelot. Recently, it seems that if a piece of AF drops once, it drops a lot. Also, one of the synth mats that drops in sandy sells for ~100k. I decided I wanted a shot at inflating my pocket book some more and would just have to hope that the BRD hat would go freelot.

I ended up winning the first griffon hide that dropped, but losing out on the rest of them for the remainder of the night. A total of 2 BRD heads dropped (the first went to someone with it in their /seacomm) of which I got the 2nd w/ no competition @ freelot 75.

After dynamis, I bought the items to have it upgraded to the +1. I didn't have to buy any byne bills since I had some from last week's run when I wanted to upgrade MNK hands (the GD synth mat hasn't been on the AH for almost 3 weeks >.>). On Sunday, I'll have a nice new Bard's Roundlet +1 to use. It will only be useful in a max-skill build, which isn't really useful at all, but at least I've got it. So now I've got all the pieces of BRD relic. Well, I did until I made one +1. I could focus on getting that piece back so that I can store the set, but with the porter moogle, that isn't really necessary any longer.

I still want the BLM hat/body from dynamis. I don't have the BRD or BLM acc, but neither of those are all that useful to me. I might just be done with dynamis really soon... I'll have to think about it some more. I do generally enjoy the event, but what do I really get out of it other than a couple thousand gil (if I'm lucky) in synth mats and negative XP?

After dynamis, I logged out in Castle O. I'd like to do a few more farming sessions out there, maybe bring my gil up to ~5 mil before the mog bonanza numbers are announced next week.

Also, shiji can go diaf. I /blisted him after his last screw-up. If he were someone that I stumbled across in a pick-up group, I'd have /blisted him a long time ago. Since he's in the LS and I've done stuff with him before, I've given him a few chances, but I'm not gonna deal with his crap any more.
Posted Jan 26 2011, 12:12 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment