Monday, January 3, 2011

Going out w/ a Bang!

Well 2010 went out with a bang (as far as FFXI goes). In the last week of 2010 (including he first of 2011), I was able to finish my WAR Legs and feet, and BRD hands and head. All 4 of those pieces are full-time able (TP pieces for WAR). This means that I get to sell some of my gear which is nice because it helps my pocket book and my storage problems.

The BRD hand seals were particularly interesting. I went in a group of 4 to fight the bomb NM Upas-Kamuy (sp) in Ule. Range. Since that particular NM spams spells, it was very hard to get the yellow !!. I think we were out there for almost 5 hours. During that time we got a fair amount of RNG and PLD seals, but only 6 BRD seals, and even fewer BLU seals. Eventually, the leader just quit, so the PT disbanded with me @ 6/8 seals. Later that night, a group of slayers was out killing VNMs for wack and decided to help me kill that bomb for another shot at my last two seals. The fight went very smoothly and we were able to trigger !! relatively quickly. In the end, that treasure pool had 3x BRD seals in it! It was nice to see a treasure pool go my way. A second pop gave us all possible drops except for the BST belt, which would have been trash for everyone involved, anyways.

I'm sitting on 3/10 WAR body seals and 3/10 WHM body seals, but I'm not sure if I"ll actually actively pursue those. It would be nice to finish MNK head and at least a couple BLM pieces (I feel gimp for not having any BLM pieces done).

Since I have my BRD head done, I'm not sure if I'll continue doing dynamis. There are only 2 pieces that I reallly wanted (BRD head and BLM body) but the BRD head has been out-done by the empyrean head +1 and the BLM body would only be an idle piece until I finish the BLM +1 body (which could take awhile). Unfortunately, MementoMori doesn't seem to do Beaucedine very often and with the introduction of the porter moogle, there's not much reason for me to complete the relic sets for storage purposes. I might do it just for something to do (some of the accessories and +1 relic might still be nice to have), at least until something better comes along.
Posted Jan 3 2011, 12:31 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment