Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Six Months Later

It has been more than 6 months since my last post, so a lot has happened.

I have finished all Abyssea zone and caturae clears. I beat Shinryu for his atma and some of his loot (Belt, Cape, Torque) but I still want the big 3: Helm/Mail/Knife.

I have made a lot of progress on much of my empyrean armor. I have completed WAR and BRD sets (+1 onry). I have 4/5 for BLM RDM WHM MNK and 3/5 DNC SCH. I need DNC feet (8/8 seals), 3x WHM and RDM feet seals (have the boots already). I need BLM MNK SCH and DNC body seals. I haven't really focused on acquiring those seals though because the NMs that drop them are such a PITA. I need to just suck it up and run the quest in Ule. Range for MNK/NIN/SCH seals, but it is a soul-draining prospect.

Oh yeah, and I took SCH and DNC to cap. DNC is uber fun!

Here are some notable drops that I've received:
- Loki's Kaftan (nice for DNC and MNK WS, eventually NIN and THF)
- Bullwhip Belt
- Orison Earring
- Orison Cape (FINALLY!!!)
- Twilight Belt

Recently, I've been spending time farming in Castle O. I have made a few million gil n the last couple of weeks farming scrolls up there.

Ia came back to the game so that we could spend time doing something together, although she doesn't have a whole lot of time to play with her homework and classes. We're working on getting her WHM to cap so that we can more easily duo stuff for gear/seals/etc. I'd also like to get her through CoP and into sea, but I don't think that's a big priority for her.

Braego is thinking about coming back, too. That would be pretty nice as it would allow more flexibility in jobs for stuff that we all want/need to do.

Level cap just went up to 95 a couple of days ago. I was pretty lucky and managed to get my limit break done pretty quickly (I had 21/20 merits waiting). After, I went out and got BLM, SCH, WHM and RDM to 95 (although not all are capped XP-wise).

I'm looking forward to capping the rest of the jobs so I can focus on doing other stuff. I don't know why but I feel like I have to have all my jobs at cap ASAP, even if I never play them (I'm looking at you WAR and MNK!).

Not looking forward to buying all of the remaining spells that I need. So far, it seems that all the 91-95 scrolls are drops from BCs, which means they are going to be quite expensive for awhile.

Things that I want to accomplish:
- Skill up Staff (I need more staff skills so that I can proc stuff)
- Level NIN to cap
- Level THF to cap
- Finish +1 armor and start working on +2
- Work on VNM route for G.Axe
- Work on ToM Thunder-staff
- Maybe do a ToM dagger for DNC/THF?

As far as ToM goes, there are a ton of trials that I could work on, but I just can't bring myself to do it. It always feels like I could be doing something better with my time or I have another piece of gear that is good enough to make me not want to bother working so hard for such a small improvement.

For now, I'll focus on getting my jobs capped and getting Ia capped and just hopefully continue to have fun playing the game!
Posted 46 minutes ago

No comments:

Post a Comment