Friday, October 23, 2009

BRD GO!

As it usually happens when I get bored and have lots of gil, I went on a spending spree. I decided to clear up some inventory on my mule by using some of the BRD scrolls that I had. As it turns out, I only had 2 scrolls. So, to clear up those two spots, I purchased a full set of new gear, a bunch of instruments, food, etc and went to work on BRD.

I started out on Saturday (Oct 17, 2009) as BRD 11, doing FoV in Tahrongi Canyon. Fast forward some crappy parties, a lot of solo-FoV, 2 failed invites*, and 2 really great PL'd PTs and I'm now level 40!

My gear is pretty good, I guess. Not that BRDs really nead top-notch gear. I've been buying all of my scrolls, even though 90% of them are quite useless (I'm looking at YOU, Fowl Aubade and Scop's Operetta). I spent a total of 3-4 hours skilling up string skill. I have been syncing in Qufim a lot, which sucks 'cause I love to use ballad.

Now that I've made it into and past the mid-30's, East Ronfaure (S) burns are available. In fact, last night the PT was 4xRNG, COR, BRD along with 2 PLs (tri-boxed by the PT leader), all synced to me at 36. In just a little over an hour, I had gained 4 levels. We capped out at just shy of 25k/hour, with an average somewhere between 19-22k/hour. I didn't have an xp band active at any point during this PT.

When done, I ran around and picked up all of the scrolls for 41-45, and got my BRD AF weapon, the useless Paper Knife.

Now, I'm coming up toward the weekend. I'd really like to get at least 5 levels over the weekend. Ideally, I'll be able to get to level 50 so that I can take a break while I acquire Mage's Ballad II and all of my AF. Also, taking some time to make some money would help a bit, since I had less than 10k when I logged off :(

Vaynard 'sold' me his Dark Earring for 150k last night. He gave me (at least) 25% off of the AH price. I say at least because they sell so infrequently and the price difference fluctuates between 200 and 300k. I'm not sure when I'll have the gil to pay him back, but I will make it a priority.

*As for the 2 failed party invites; I can't believe this happened to me on 2 separate days. I was out doin' FoV somewhere and I get an invite along the lines of 'Hey, wanna PT? level sync in 'x' zone, we're 5/6.' To which I reply 'yes, please'. Then start running back to the OP, then OP warp to the zone where the PT is gonna camp. I then start skilling up string while waiting for the leader makes his way to the camp/zone/whatever. After the leader finally arrives, I ask for the invite to which they reply: 'sorry, we're full'.

...

W T F? I don't understand how someone can invite one person, then immediately fill that person's spot. Words fail me. All I can say is that my /blist has grown two sizes. I wouldn't have minded if they had at least sent me a tell saying 'oops, sorry, plans changed, we don't need you any more' instead of me wasting my time skilling up when I could be finishing FoV pages or something.

BAH! People suck.[/s]
Posted Oct 23 2009, 01:21 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment