Friday, October 9, 2009

Recap, Last 2 Weeks

Well the last couple of weeks have been rather uneventful. I spent a bunch of time in the Labrynth of Onzozo camping Ose for either myself or Vay. I was logged in, getting the kids ready for bed last weekend, having a /tell-versation with Vay when he killed Ose and got his Assault jerkin! That was at ~7:46 PM. So, I geared up, ran out there, and started killing placeholders at 8:30 or so. I finally went to bed at 12:30AM and hadn't seen Ose. I was the only person camping.

I checked my log when I got up and noticed that someone had killed Ose at ~4:30 AM. I then went into the kitchen to get breakfast for the kids, and when I came back to my PC (maybe 15 minutes later) I saw a duo killing Ose. New ToD: 9:15AM.

I spent the rest of the day killing PH off and on (probably killing all of the Torama in the room twice per hour) for the rest of the day. After putting the kids to bed a night, I focused and actively killed Toramas. Throughout the day, I was the only camper. At ~8:30 PM, Malekith and some lame RDM showed up and started killing everything in the room... slowly. They must have been working off latents or something, because I could kill 2 mobs to every 1 of theirs (roughly). After about an hour, they go AFK.

At ~10:00 PM, I pulled a Torama and agg'd a manticore. I kill the Torama, and start working on the manticore (including DoTs) when I see Ose pop. He was too far away for me to sleep and there was another Torama between him and me, so I couldn't just run over there and sleep the NM and I couldn't sleep the manticore, so I finished it off as quickly as I could. As I'm running for Ose, I pound my Dia macro, but get lag-interrupted. Before I can get the spell off again, it goes purple and Malekith and his lame RDM pull it into the tunnel and kill it.

I as fucki'n pissed. I /shutdown'd right there and haven't been back out there since. I have probably spent 50-60 hours down there, fighting torama or just being AFK trying to get a ToD. In all of that time, I only actually saw the NM one time. This is a retarded waste of time for a piece of gear that I will only use as a weaponskill macro piece on RDM. If it was useful at all for any other job that I can wear it on (i.e. WAR), I might consider camping again. As it is, it is simply a novelty piece and is not worth my time or effort.

That pretty much killed any desire that I had to play FFXI. I've been needing to take a break from the game, so I had only been logging on for events (or to prepare for events, re: climbing Paradomo Tor).

At least the past two weeks of ENM have been mildly rewarding. Last week we got a galaetia and a Forager's Mantle. Split 3-ways got each of us 164k. Last night we got our 3rd cloud evoker and 2x Forager's Mantles. So, that should net each of us ~250k. I'm gettin' real close to having a million gil again :)

I also did a round of Up In Arms with Braego and Protecus. It went so much faster with RNG WAR RDM than it does with PLD WAR RDM. We were finishing in about 6 minutes, where with PLD, it was taking us 14 mins or more to finish the BC. No club dropped, but I've got enough seals for a couple more runs. Maybe we can do it again a couple of times this weekend.
Posted Oct 9 2009, 11:36 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment