Monday, May 11, 2009

Frustrating Weekend

This past weekend was a long one for me. It started on Thursday night with our weekly ENM. We got lousy drops again, but had no difficulty doing this fight. The xp reward was enough to ding a merit for me. (Arioch's group got a double hagun drop in their run last week; Congrats to them!)

Afterwards, we did a quick KSNM for some destroyers for Saeble. We did 3 runs and got 2 pair of destroyers. My orb, the only money drop was a Minuet Earring which sells for ~50k. Unfortunately, they're rare and I neglected to put mine in the delivery box. I asked someone to lot on it for me, but everyone zoned which resulted in it dropping to the ground. So, I traded 30 KS for about 10k total in drops. Not a good trade.

I did a floor 80 run with a couple old Dynamis LS friends. I was told to come RDM, then the leader asked how my WAR was. I replied: "Decent AH gear, few merits." I was surprised when he asked me to switch to WAR, but happy to do so.

The PT ended up being WARx3, DRG, WHM, BRD. We made it to the boss floor with plenty of time. The first thing that happened, though, was petrification which hit me and one other WAR and the WHM. When I was un-petrified I popped my meds, used my JAs and laid out some massive rampages. It was very satisfying. We got DNC dagger ; ;

I logged in Friday night hoping to get a couple of merits and build up my dwindling supply of Imperial Standing. Deepfreeze wanted to level his WAR, though, so I joined him and Wack doing some FoV in the desert. I managed to re-ding 50 (I was 65 tnl) and actually hit 51 before Deep had to log. Wack and I joined Sath and friends for a couple of ANNMs, which I really enjoy...

...Except for one person in particular. I don't know what it is, but Voicememo tends to annoy the crap out of me. When I observe his actions and see the things that he says, it just shouts total noob to me. For instance, demanding that a THF opens a treasure box after completion of the fight. TH doesn't effect boxed treasure, which I thought was very common knowledge. And despite the fact that nearly everyone else in the alliance told him so, he still demanded that the THF open the box at the 2nd fight that we did!

We got lousy money drops. The 2nd fight dropped an augmented Errant Body. The augment was pretty crappy (MP+7, Dark Element +3) but it is better than a normal errant body which means it is worth at least 50k. Those who wanted the piece were supposed to /random and highest roll would get the piece. Unfortunately, the highest roll belonged to someone who could not actually equip the piece. Apparently a discussion then took place in /tell which took too long to resolve and the treasure box disappeared, taking the armor with it.

After the ANNMs, I joined Sath's group for some Nyzul Isle action. We did floors 100, 80, and 60. The first two runs went very smooth. We managed the floors well and killed the bosses with lots of time to spare. We got a Denali Bonnet which went to Voicememo. Nothing dropped on 80 which is too bad 'cause I think I'm the only person in that group that needed the Askar. Floor 60 ended up giving us some trouble. We got Cerb down to ~15% before people started dying and our damage output stalled. However, we pushed on and were actually able to kill him with a minute or so to spare. We got some crappy weapon as a reward for a truly epic fight.

One good thing that came from the extra Nyzul runs this week is that if we actually clear 3 runs on Tuesday, I'll be ready for my next promotion (Sergeant Major, I think). Which brings me one step closer to all of the cool perdu weapons that I want (Wand followed by G.Axe).

On Saturday, I was reading some posts on the Dreams in Vana'diel forums about the rewards for this year's Mog Bonanza. One of the prizes is the Moldavite Earring, which I want. People were asking why anyone would take that as a reward when it is so easy to get.

Well, I had gone out one other time to see if I could claim/kill this NM. I went as WAR/DNC but never saw the NM pop.

This time, I decided to go out there and get a ToD and see if I could take it down. I went as WHM for ease-of-travel. I brought Ia along for some extra company. About 15 mintues after I get to the spawn, he pops and I claim/kill. We went down very easily. I was surprised when my 200% Hexa Strike took off ~15% of the NMs life. I ate a Freeze which did ~100 damage. All-in-all, it was a very easy battle. I didn't get the drop, but had the ToD and was ready to claim again in 2 hrs when he was set to spawn again. The second time, he dropped his earring! I finally have this fundamental nuking piece for holy or RDM nukes. I also made ~25k from drops, too.

Sunday night, I did some seedspall gathering for some ACP keys. I got the 3 keys from Jugner/Pashow/Meriphitaud in about 10 minutes, so I decided to make the trek through Fei'Yin as well. I found the 9 seed afterglows very quickly but accidentally accepted the Mark of Seed instead of the Azure Key. I tried going back in to see if I could get a key as well as the Mark, but it wouldn't let me ; ;

Before I logged I hopped in on an ISNM. The people who went were very good players. We averaged about 2 minutes per run. Unfortunately, we went 0/6 on Khroma Ores. It's too bad, I would have liked to get one since they are going for almost 400k currently. I want to finish my gobbie bag upgrades!

I'm hoping that Nyzul puts out this week. It would be nice to see some more headgear and I would LOVE to finish farming 80.
Posted May 11 2009, 03:01 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment