Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Nyzul Armor Go!

Another Nyzul Isle night has come and gone. We replaced Alden w/ Zman (MNK/DNC) because Z wanted his mythic knuckles. We were going to do 2x80 and 2x100, but Z only had 3 tags. The first two runs went very smooth. Easy floors let us get to floor 80 with more than 10 minutes both times. First floor 80 we got a Denali Jacket for Shiji. Second floor 80 actually gave us Askar, which is very nice. As far as I know, we only need one more body then we will be done farming 80. What are the chances that the next time a piece of body armor drops from 80 it'll be Askar? I'm guessing pretty slim...

We did 100 last and had some floors which slowed us down. We ended up on floor 100 with less than 5 minutes, which turned out to be just enough time to kill Cerb. No armor, but Z finally got his Burning Fists. Now, he'll just have to do ~20,000 weaponskill points to unlock the weaponskill. Or, he could climb to 100 in 5-6 weeks, with a static. I'm not sure which would be faster.

Hopefully we can throw an extra LS run together later on this week for a chance at an Askar body. I would really like to start spamming floor 100 since we still need at least 3 hats.

All-in-all, last night's run was very satisfying.


Sunday was Kirin (my first) which seemed to go very smooth. The mini-gods were killed without much hassle. I was on the list of lotters for W.Legs, which actually dropped. Unfortunately, I had the lowest lot of the 3 eligible. It's too bad, too. The Cursed Cuisses -1 are only 900k, so they are very affordable. Mackaframa, who won the lot, got the NQ right away, which are ~20k.

I ran around and got a couple of ACP keys before Sky and ended up getting a pretty nice Mythril Belt with STR+1, DEX+1, and Acc+1. I think it will be a nice addition to my THF gear and any other melee job below 40 (at which point I'll switch to life/tilt belt, whichever is the level 40 one).

Also attempted ACP final fight with Ari, Vix, Banis, Geetis, and Marader. We went with a more traditional party and tried to take out the seed crystal normally. We got it down to about 60% before we wiped. I don't know what we were missing, maybe raw damage? It wasn't a disappointing loss at all. I had a lot of fun talking about strategies and actually giving this fight a shot. I thought that everyone did what they were supposed to do, so the loss couldn't be pinned on anyone in particular.

Unfortunately it means that I now have to climb the tower again, which is annoying but not impossible. I'll probably 2-box Ia again, just for the extra safety net. Since I'll have Ia logged in, I might also try to get a level or two on THF. See if I can ding into my PCC ^^ Maybe then I'll actually put my PT flag up to show off my l337 gear!
Posted May 6 2009, 11:42 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment