Friday, September 11, 2009

Long time, still no Sea (but I'm workin' on it!)

Got a random /tell from a stranger last night as I was doin' some FoV in sky. The dude said that he found me on FFXIAH.com and noticed that I was on CoP 2-5. He wanted me to join him. Unfortunately, I was just wrapping up (I could hear the kids upstairs; awake from their naps) and we had ENM at night, so I had a very small window. He didn't care. He said we could put a group together now, and take off later in the night. By the time I found out what job they wanted me on (NIN) and I ran out there, it was getting kind of late. I think we got to Riverne A01 at 9:00, and Monarch Linn at 9:30.

We had PLD NIN WAR BLU WHM WHM and about 13 yellow liquids. Plan was for the PLD to kite two of the mammets, with a WHM for support, while the WAR BLU other WHM and I killed the other. We went in for a dry run first which was meh. I felt that the WAR wasn't paying attention and hit the mob a lot during transmogrification. We wiped (which was expected) without even killing one.

We decided to go for it once weakness wore and everything went without a hitch. I think it helped that the mammets only used transmogrification once in the whole fight. We cleared in about 10 minutes. It was surprisingly easy to keep hate with Yonin and cureskins from the WHMs.

I didn't have time to do any of the legwork for chapter 3 yet since I was already late for ENM (thanks for waiting, guys). I did a little bit this morning before work (3-1 and 3-2 are done). I hope to do a bit more this afternoon, maybe kill Overgrown Ivy and try to solo the antlion this afternoon during nap time.

This weekend should be a weekend of NM camping fun! (or frustration) We're gonna camp Charybdis for Wack, Vay, and myself, and between windows, camp the OBow NM for Braego. I hope we can get some good luck with claims and drops!

Oh yeah, and in the last 2.5 months, I've finished my enfeebling magic merits, unlocked Bio/Dia III, made a little bit of gil, spent a LOT of gil, and have generally just taken it easy both in-game and out.
Posted Sep 11 2009, 07:50 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment