Friday, December 12, 2008

Lots of Potential, Little Reward

After having such a successful run with that dynamis shell on Wed night, I was pumped to log in and get some stuff accomplished. I was just 4k from DNC37 so I was going to start with finishing that subjob. Then, I was going to either skill up or campaign/lfp.

When I logged in, however, I noticed that a besieged was about to start. So, I tweaked my plans a bit and did the besieged first. I teamed up with Wack and Necromancerneo to beat up on some Troll Mercenaries. Well, i died a whole bunch, but was alive when it counted and got a few sorely-needed IS (I had used almost all of them on an ISNM run on Tuesday).

After besieged I planned on heading to the past to recharge my emp. band and knock out some campaign ops when I saw a shout for Nyzul HNM80 (Askar/Denali free) and HNM100 (Goliard/Denali free). I couldn't pass up this chance to get sexy Askar body (which I don't think I'll ever get from the static), so I joined them as WAR.

The first run went very smooth. We got really lucky with the floors and ended up on floor 80 with over 15 minutes to spare. Needless to say we won and got Goliard to drop (yay for the dude who wanted it, but boo for me!).

Next is the run to 100. Again, a very smooth run. We find ourselves on 100 with 13 minutes to spare. A full rest and we go to... Unfortunately, the WHM we had was pretty retarded and thought it was more important to nuke with lolBanish II than remove paralyzation from the team. Four of us ended up eating dirt before the boss finally went down. RNG and DRK weapons were the only drops. I had one more tag (the group had talked about going for 2 runs at 100) but everyone decided to just disband.

So that's two more runs towards my next promotion, which leaves me at 19/25. Hopefully, I'll be able to get my promotion to Corporal before Christmas!

So, finally done with that random Nyzul run, I finally manage to get geared up as DNC and head to the past. Who cares that it's almost 11:30 and that I'm 3.5 hours behind schedule, right?

I do a handful of campaign ops for some quick and easy XP. As I'm about to head out to Rolanberry Fields to try my hand at some treasure caskets, I get a tell asking if I want to PT. Bear in mind that I don't have my flag up and after the campaign ops, I'm less than 3k tnl. However, since it is so late, I figure that this is the only chance that i'll have to actually get DNC37 before I go to bed (gogogo planned force-D/C after I ding!). I say yes and head out to East Ronfaure [ S ] to beat up on some colibri. Boy, did I feel like a noob out there. The only other time I remember being in a full PT was one time in the jungles with Ia. My gear hadn't been updated since then and was pretty crappy (beetle armor & earrings, lv 25/20 daggers) and I only had one piece of food on me at the time (a sole sushi which, as luck would have it, was snatched from my in about the first 10 minutes; in my defense, i wasn't planning on getting a PT at all!). I would've gone and done a quick gear update, but the dude was pretty anxious for me to get out there.

So, I had a bit of a hard time getting TP at the start of the fight and we probably synced/unsynced 6 times, which meant I was starting from scratch that many times, which was extremely annoying. Other than that, the flow of xp was good and I managed to not only ding 37, but 38.5 as well. Had it not been almost 2 AM, I probably would've stuck around with the PT until I dinged 40, just for the hell of it! I don't plan on taking DNC any higher (maybe to 40 so I can play with Reverse Flourish a bit) any time soon. It feels good to finally have a fully-levelled /DNC available!

So, there was a lot of potential for a great night, but it turned out pretty mediocre. I don't when I'll ever get any Askar (3rd or 4th in line in the static and it never drops as it is) as SE is conspiring against me. Hell, I'd be happy to just have a chance to lot on the stuff. So long as it shows up in the treasure pool, I'll be a happy camper. The Goliard hat has yet to make an appearance (not that I can really think of a good use for it) but I can at least feel good knowing that when the static gets to 100 and it drops, that it is mine.

Now I just need to get working on my THF sub and maybe try out some more Fields of Valor. I think MNK/DNC (@ 48) would be fun, beating up on skellies in Xarcabard and maybe getting some good loot on top! Plus I've got what appears to be a well-skilled group for dynamis now, so iceland relic is back in the picture. Hopefully soon I'll have some new gear to post about![/s]
Posted Dec 12 2008, 12:53 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment