Monday, January 19, 2009

Lucky Sky!

RebornLegacy was doing another dreamland zone on Sunday night, so I was able to head up to sky with TheSons. I went up there as WAR, and boy, did I embarrass myself! My gear is OK for AH gear, but it really pales in comparison to the other dedicated DDs in the LS who have oodles of RA/EX stuff. I think I may have to head up there as a mage until I get some better RA/EX WAR gear.

We did Genbu, Seiryu, and Byakko x2. It seemed like all of the fights went very well. Of course, I was never in any real danger of dying because I wasn't doing enough damage to even get the mobs attention. I was going to lot Kabuto and shield off of Genbu, if they went free. I was hoping to have enough points to lot A.Legs for my zenith slacks from Seiryu, and then I wanted Byakko's Axe (among other things). The only thing I was really willing to spend any points on, though, was the A.Legs.

I was lucky enough to have enough points to lot for A.Legs. Seiryu happened to drop them, and I lotted 956 (give or take). So now, I'm the rightful owner of the abjuration for Zenith Slacks. All I need is another ~500K to buy the cursed slacks and then I'll be one piece closer to my max MP build for WHM and RDM. I'm pretty pumped! Byakko was also kind enough to drop his axe on the 2nd kill. It went freelot and I was the only person to lot it, so I got that as well. I think it's one of the top 3 axes in the game DPS-wise. Now I won't feel as gimp when I'm using GA in merit PTs and such.

After sky, i stuck around in Al Zhabi for a quick level 8 besieged. I died a few times, but was alive when it counted and got an extra 1450 XP/IS. I'm just over 5k to merit #5 (which will go to Devotion) and finally got back above 10k IS.

Last week I spent some time running around getting coffer keys and starting quests for MNK AF. I was able to get 3 pieces (head, hands, feet) so far. I spent 8+ hours in Beadeaux but have yet to see a single coffer key, which really sucks since I get the MNK body from a Beadeaux coffer, which I really want. I still need to flag the AF legs quest which is a popped NM on the top floor of Castle O. Once I have the rest of the AF, I think I'll actually work on levelling MNK up a few more levels. At this point, I'm not sure if I want to go to 75, or just stop at 60 after I take a screenshot in full AF.
Posted Jan 19 2009, 01:27 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment