Friday, January 9, 2009

Nothing to report, Sir!

Well, I haven't played a whole lot of FFXI Christmas. I've been trying to log on to do my weekly events, but even those have been missing (Nyzul and multiple dynamis runs canceled because of holidays/rl stuff).

On Sunday, I logged in to see what was happening in Dynamis. We were supposed to do Xarc, but the co-sponsor with Xarc access couldn't make it online, so they ended up doing Buburimu instead. Slig sent me a tell asking if I wanted to go do Kirin with them and TheSons which I would've loved to do, but by the time the LS leaders decided on which zone they were going to do, TheSons had already popped Kirin.

Had I known that the Kirin fight would've taken almost an hour, I may have still run out there. As it was, I just decided to log off instead.

Monday, I hopped on in hopes of soloing the MNK AF Feet NMs in Davoi again. I got geared up and saw that Wack was planning on going into the past to do some SNMs. I was going to help out but ended up getting pulled AFK by a crying baby, and I didn't make it back down to my PC before I fell asleep. Too bad, too. I've been wanting to take my revised RDM macros for a spin; get used to them a bit before I have to actually use RDM at an important event.

Tuesday, Ia wasn't feeling well so I didn't get online until it was time for Nyzul. We did 3x80 boss. We got to floor 80 all 3 times without much trouble. Twice we had more than 15 mins. We got Hydra all 3 times and his physical shield and plague were more than we could handle. We did kill him the first time and finally got an Askar body to drop (which went to Wacky). The 2nd time, we got him down to 7% before his physical shield and regen brought him back up above 40% and we timed out (technically, Alden and I used our fireflies after wack, lol, and slig went down... yosh ran away until the time was up). We wanted revenge but were stumped again on the 3rd try.

I think the reason was because we didn't have the extra damage that we needed. Instead of Redd on SAM, we had Yosh on THF. Now, this wouldn't be bad except that I think Yosh's RDM nuking gear is better than Alden's. So we didn't have enough magic damage for when physical shield was up.

I'm not really sure what we can do. I love to have TH on boss floors, but I don't know if we can afford to lose the extra bit of magical damage... Might be something that we need to discuss as a group.

As far as body armor goes, I think we still need 2x Askar (lol and me) and one Goliard (for Alden, as I think Yosh has his already). If lol wants Goliard for PUP, then that would mean 2 Goliard.

Oh, and Dune Widow gave us a Beetle Gorget this time, I think. Stupid spider ><

I had mentioned that I need to kill the 2 NMs in Davoi for MNK AF feet and the entire static seemed willing to help (which I would've done after Nyzul if it weren't so late).

I skipped Dynamis on Wed because I wanted the extra bit of sleep. I think I'm getting sick :'(

Maybe I can grab a person or two and take care of the NMs in Davoi this weekend. I'm pretty sure that I could solo them on RDM, but I'd rather just get it done instead of trying to bind/kite one while I kill the other. I also need coffer keys from Garlaige, Beadeaux, and Crawler's Nest. Maybe I'll hunt those keys first since I haven't been able to spend a whole lot of time in the game lately.

I think that my desire to play the game may be directly proportional to the amount of gil that I have. Generally, when I have a bit of gil available (more than 100k), I'm more excited about logging in to play. However, when my wallet shrinks, I tend to be less excited about logging in.... I wonder if anyone else feels that way?

Oh well, here's to a (hopefully) good weekend!
Posted Jan 9 2009, 04:08 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment