Monday, April 13, 2009

No Joy

I spent the last weekend before the update camping Charybdis for a Joyeuse. I was at the camp for a total of 6 windows. We only managed to claim once ; ;

The one time we did claim, we were 7.5 hours into the window. We got the NM down to 16% before we wiped and lost claim.

Ultimately, we didn't have enough support. Wack, Leg, and Vay were there. Ari showed up on COR and I was 2-boxing Ia. It wasn't pretty. If we had a dedicated healer, or maybe even a dedicated tank, we could've pulled out a win (maybe).

I was pretty pissed when we lost claim and ended up staying away from the game for a day...


Nyzul isle gave me my Goliard legs. I didn't need them and only want them so that I can complete the set. They're a pretty piece, but I don't know how much use I'll get out of them. This means that I'm done with armor from floor 40. Maybe we'll see a body or two soon!
Then, we had a version update.

I was really looking forward to doing some things on WHM after the update and playing with the new JAs and spells. Protecus and I spent some time in sky doing FoV and generally having a blast! I really like the new toys that WHM got. I also got my club skill up to 240, so I can start work on Black Halo and finish up the last of my club WSs.

I haven't really had a chance to try out the enspells, but Composure is great for RDMs. It is wonderful having spells last 3x longer than normal. I don't know if I'd like it very much in a merit PT or dynamis since it tends to throw off my timers (I hate it when haste/refresh drop on PT members), but this will be AWESOME for skilling up and soloing :)

Also, got A.Head from Byakko the other night (4 pops, only 1 hiadate, which went to Sligs). I sold off some gear which was gathering dust and bought a Cursed Crown -1. So now, I've got a shiny new Zenith Crown +1 which has the same MP as the Faerie Hairpin, but also has useful INT/MND/CHA +4 (maybe I'll macro it in on my Aspirs!).

I spent some time soloing FoV in Cape Terrigan in hopes of getting a Sirrocco Axe. I only had 1 brown box pop, and I didn't get the combination right. I ended up fighting in a bad spot and ended up getting links from a raptor, crab, undead mage, and crab (I was able to kill the mage before the last crab finished me off ; ;). When I landed in Whitegate, I saw a shout for ISNM3k, so I went out on WHM and had a blast. Auspice + cureskin = happy melees :) On top of that, I got a khroma (we were 4/6 on the run) which means I've got a little bit of gil in the bank, which is always pleasant.

Looking forward to Nyzul Isle. Can't wait to test out these new abilities in all kinds of events.
Posted Apr 13 2009, 04:53 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment