Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Razed Ruins

Got into a group doing Ironclad Pulverizer and managed to get a clean kill which resulted in the Atma of the Razed Ruin. Now, I've got 2 very nice atmas for WAR or MNK in abyssea.

I tried it out on MNK, looking for merits. The DEX/crit hits/STR/Atk boost from those two atmas is just incredible for fast-hitting mobs. *I* was the tank as soon as I started hitting the mobs! I managed to get 25 merits and cap WAR XP in the few hours I was in abyssea.

The atmas were great for WAR, too. I was putting out 3k rampages (never tried w/ G.Axe), but I was having a much harder time staying alive on WAR w/o counterstance or even Chakra, so I changed back to MNK after finishing XP/merits.

I used those merits to finish BLM Tier I merits, WAR Tier I merits, and maybe even MNK Tier I merits (I'll have to check). It's funny... I was so excited to get the 10/tic refresh atma and haven't even really used it since I got it! MNK FTW :)

I went MNK w/ shiji to get the abyssite of celerity from the tonberry mobs in Konschtat. Now, my stones recharge every 16 hours, instead of 20. Soon, I'll go work on Vunkerl fame so that I can quest the other abyssite of celerity, knocking the recharge time down to 12 hrs. After I got that abyssite, I switched to RDM and we went to duo Minax Bugard in Misareaux. The fight took ~25 mins but we got zero drops.

I jumped in with a group farming head seals in Attohwa, and I was one of 2 people lotting WHM. I was @ 4/8 before going in. We ended up exp'ing/farming/popping NMs for 6 hours before I left. I managed to get 10/10 merits before I left. I also won the lots on 4 of the first 5 seals, which allowed me to upgrade to the Orison Cap +1! I haven't had a chance to try this sexy piece out yet, but I can't wait to try :)

I'm slowly trying to psych myself up to do the quest for MNK/BRD head seals (the chocobo quest in Attohwa). I figure I'll need lots of time/stones stored up, so maybe I should work on getting the other abyssite of celerity first?! I just don't know what to do :(

I finally started working on my Surya's staff trials today. The +1 version is usable by all of my magey jobs, and has cure potency +20%. I'll have my work cut out to get it done, but it will give me something to do when I don't have the stones for abyssea and when I don't feel like gearing up RDM to farm for scrolls.

Speaking of which, I nabbed Bliz IV and -ga III scrolls in a farming session in Gustav. I was able to solo Taxim (I wasn't sure if I could /THF) and for the most part had no competition for the duration of my session. Mugido managed to ding 64 while we were down there, too!

This week, I might work some more on my staff trials. The first few should be fairly simple. The one that has me worried for now is the one that requires the killing blow to come from a light-element based attack doing 50 or more damage. Definitely going to need help doing that one.
Posted Nov 3 2010, 11:30 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment