Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Slightly More Playtime

I've spent a bit more time online in the last couple of weeks than I have for the past few months. I decided to dust off the ol' RDM gear and have been doing things RDM/DNC for gits and shiggles. It isn't a bad combination since it provides acc bonus, erase, and an additional form of HP/MP recovery via sambas.

I went back out with CB and Ev to farm some BLU spells in Beaucedine {S}. It took us about 10 walrus mobs to learn the first spell. Those mobs were fairly difficult to kill. Their AoE attacks are very damaging, and they attack very quickly. Then, we went to the Xarc {S} zone to kill Gargouilles and learn Triumphant Roar, which we got on the first mob! Too bad, 'cause they were much more fun to kill.

After that, Ev logged on to Millennia, and we headed to Arrapago to kill lamia and qutrub to learn Hysteric Barrage, Tail Slap, and spinal Cleave. We did get Tail Slap and Spinal Cleave, but couldn't get Hysteric Barrage before they had to log. They logged on the next day and got it in ~3 mobs or so.

I also helped Protecus farm coffer keys for MNK AF. We went to Garlaige Citadel first, and got that key very quickly. Then a short run to Beadeaux, where we spent almost 2 hours farming keys. There was a coffer near the 4-door room the whole time we were there, so after we got the key, Wack changed jobs, and came back for his AF body. On the way out, we killed Ruby Quadav for his ruby and then called it a night.

I happened to get home in time last night to actually make it to a dynamis run with a linkshell that I've had for awhile. They were doing Qufim, and I was the very last person to enter. I went MNK, but I didn't have time to get all of my gear around, or buy food. As soon as I entered the zone, there was a Cleric's Belt in the loot pool, which I lotted, but I couldn't manage to win the lot. I did manage to nab MNK hands, though while I was there as well as get the clear! The Relic hands can be full-timed for me since they have Attack +16 among other things, which is 1 more attack than the H.Kotes that I've been wearing. They also have VIT on 'em so that I can add them to my Chakra macro. I hope to be online early enough on Friday so that I can run with them again. Maybe they'll do some northlands and I can get some BRD relic, but I wouldn't mind doing another CoP zone so that I can start getting those clears.

I made tentative plans with Protecus to do some organ farming in Sea sometime this weekend. I just hope he gets on at a reasonable time so that I don't have to stay up until 4AM to do it.
Posted Jun 2 2010, 09:35 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment