Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dancing Fun

I met up with Protecus on Friday night to hang out. We ended up going to sky to do a quick FoV page before heading out to Hediva isle to kill some imps (lightningsday was coming up!). We ended up getting out there late in the day (about 12:00 game-time) and found that the first camp was taken. We tried to find a different camp but ended up aggroing 3 imps and a flayer, resulting in a wipe. By the time we ran back out there, the other PT appeared to be disbanded, so we camped outside of the tunnel. We managed to kill maybe 7 mobs before the day was over. So, wack is now ~8/200 imp kills that he needs for this trial.

Since I haven't had many friends online lately, I decided to gear up DNC and work on re-finishing that subjob. I didn't have much gear for it, so I did some shopping.

I told myself that I wasn't going to spend too much gil. By the time I was done, however, I had spent over 200k on gear (which is a lot considering how much time I spend soloing). At least if I *did* get a PT invite, I wouldn't be completely embarrassed.

I went from 37.5 to almost 41 solo on FoV in Qufim Island and Yuhtunga Jungle. It wasn't too bad, just a little lonely. I was just killing time, waiting for Braego to get online so that we could work on his Magian trial when I got an invite to a PT at Revelation Rock.

At first, they sync'd to me (40) but we really struggled. After a couple people died, they sync'd to a 41 and things went much better. By the time our sync target dinged 42 (with me dinging 42 shortly after), things really started to pick up.

Once I managed to get TP, I could easily keep the PT healed. It was very fun! Being DNC in a PT is so much more rewarding than doin' it solo.

I put my flag up the following night and managed to get an invite fairly quickly to a MMM PT. This was my first attempt at a MMM PT and it was kind of fun. The xp/kill was fairly lousy, but the reward at the end is very nice (if you complete the objective). I did 3 runs, but we only managed to win 2 of 'em. Still managed to get 2 full levels in only 90 minutes of actual fighting. If I hadn't died on the last run and if my emperor's band effect hadn't been wiped when we entered the maze, I could have ended up with almost 4 levels in those same 90 minutes.

The WAR in the PT seemed to be very useless. I asked at one point if they were using shadows, because it certainly seemed like they were just taking a beating (and using all of my TP and the SCH's MP very quickly). We had a THF, so the WAR was supposed to voke so that the THF could SATA onto the NIN. But it seemed like everytime the WAR would voke, they would move! It was very frustrating. By the 3rd run, the NIN asked me to be the first voke and things started to move along nicely. I was a little bit worried about not having enough TP to heal with because of having to keep using steps to keep finishing moves. As it turned out, it was actually easier on my TP since I was blinking a ton more attacks than the WAR was. With the one exception of a bad link which resulted in me using my 2hr and spam healing everyone to death, it wasn't too bad of a night.
Posted Jun 8 2010, 09:34 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment