Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Tuesday Night Recap

Looking to finish off my last MP merit, I geared up as WAR and set out seeking. In ~30 minutes, I get an invite from Rellima, the sponsor of the FashionablyLate dynamis LS (I ran with these guys a few times, but got frustrated and left when I discovered that the majority of the group were retards). I recognize 4 others as members of that linkshell too, including Ibanezz.

So, we decide on a camp and head out to the lower bird camp. Before we even begin, Ibanezz /checks me and says "Truece, your gear is super gimp. I've seen 10 year olds gear themselves better..."

At this point, I'm thinking 'fuck you, dude we haven't even started yet' but I just let it slide. I figured I'd let my actions speak louder than his words.

So, we're rolling along, doing pretty well, and have gotten about 5k xp in 15 minutes. I figure that I'm doing well enough because I certainly have the mobs attention enough to constantly have my food stolen and my TP wiped.

Then, my laptop crashes. So, I reboot and log back in, put my flag up, and wait/watch as they kill bird after bird and don't invite me. I get a tell from Rellima who says that Ibanezz is the leader now, and to /tell him for an invite. Then I get a tell from the other BRD in the PT saying that it is bullshit... I asked him what is. He said that Iba repped me in the 5 minutes that I was gone!. I tell him to cancel the rep as I was obviously back, and the dude hadn't even left whitegate. At this point, I think the RDM in the PT disapproved of the whole situation because I see him d/c and then get to joyfully watch as the rest of the PT wipes. They all homepoint and disband. So I only ended up getting about 5k in that party, which is disappointing because we had the lower level to ourselves and the birds were going down fast, but apparently my gear was so gimp and my performance was so terrible that this prick of a player would rather disband than have me in their party. Oh, and to further illustrate the dick-ish-ness of Ibanezz, a few minutes after they home pointed, I see my rep arrive to an empty camp.

I then ask Ibanezz what I need to change as far as my gear goes. He says: the NQ amemet mantle has to go and your rings are weird. That's it. I guess 5 ATK and an extra point of STR are indeed grounds for breaking a PT.

What.
A.
Jackass.

I spend the rest of my time before Nyzul doing some campaign battles. (I was able to finish merit 2 in Nyzul, so I just need 30k more limit points and then I'll be done w/ MP merits!)

Due to bad driving conditions/girlfriends the Nyzul static didn't get started on time (surprise face!), so I spent some time shopping at the AH. I decided to spend some of my gil and start buying some of the WHM gear that I've been thinking about for some time now. I picked up a Blue Cape +1, Astral Earring, and Beak necklace +1. Now, if I can just find a Faerie Hairpin, I'll have all of the best +MP gear that you can get from the AH. To complete my max MP set, I'll still need Vivian's Ring, Zenith Slacks, Loquacious Earring, and Zedoma's Earring (Tiny, Redd, Deep wanna do an BC with me?). Once I get these things (if ever) and finish my last MP merit, I should have ~1250 MP in my xp gear, and 1300+ in my Max MP set (with food, of course).

We decide to climb to 75 and then do 2x80 for more body armor. The first run, we finish floor 75 with a couple of minutes to spare when instead of exiting, we advance. I was pissed. What a fucking waste of time. Luckily, we didn't have any issues for the 2nd and 3rd runs and were able to get the clears on both 75 and 80. The 2nd run we were slow on the first floor and I wasn't sure if we'd have enough time to get the win when we found ourselves on a free floor! Free floors are great and all, but I said at the time that free floor = no armor. It turns out I was right. We were able to kill Cerberus with a few minutes to spare and all we got for our efforts was a BLU sword. Our luck on drops seriously sucks!

We appraised and got nothing notable (I was really hoping for a spider torque from Dune Widow, but it turned out to be a beetle gorget). So now, I'm at 21/25 towards my next promotion (which SHOULD have been 22/25) so maybe I can get a pickup group or two before next week and get some extra armor and a win or two so that next week I will be able to get my promotion to Corporal.

I think I'll continue to watch for shouts where askar is freelot and get in on those whenever possible since I think I'm 4th in line for askar behind Wack, CB, and Redd (I don't know if Redd wants askar or denali, but I assume Askar). If I can get my hands on some Askar, maybe I won't get pseudo-kicked from any more parties!
Posted Dec 17 2008, 10:56 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment