Thursday, December 18, 2008

Fail x2

Last night was Dynamis - Bastok with RebornLegacy. I had high hopes for lots of wootz ore, but the main PLD really had his lotbot working for him. The first 3 that dropped he lotted over 900 (one he lost). Twice I had lots over 700, only to see him lot higher. The third one he actually passed, just so that people wouldn't be so upset with hiim, which I was grateful for since it ended up dropping to me. All-in-all I got 12 synth items, so I made roughly 130k from dynamis last night. <3 Dynamis Bastok!

The path they took through the zone seemed very strange. We had one complete wipe (I think I got the award for most deaths: 7) and for some reason were unable to get to the next time extension, so we actually timed out without getting the clear... in Bastok... 13 AF drops: DRGx3, DRKx3, BRDx2, DNC, SAM, MNK, RDM, SMN. All 3 DRK, 2 DRG, and one BRD went freelot. The DRG & DRG all the way down to 0-39!

I headed back to Whitegate to put some stuff on the AH and saw a shout for Nyzul Floor 80, Goliard/Askar free, @5/6 wanting RDM. Whenever I see someone shouting that they need a RDM I immediately become suspicious. Well, since dynamis got done so early (relatively speaking) I sent a tell to see how many runs they were gonna do. The reply was just 1 so I decided to join them. The PT was SAM, WAR, DRG, BLU, THF, RDM. I should've insisted that I go WHM for the extra support or at least declined the PT without having a backup healer, but I didn't. (one of these days, I'm going to trust my instinct) As I was gearing up, the PT raised concerns about my MP (I had just changed jobs and was getting gear). The leader asked if I had WAR which I assume meant that someone else in the group had RDM levelled... I should've gone along with it so that I could've come on WAR instead of being the sole support for a floor 80 boss.

Short version: we time out on floor 80 with Cerberus at about 8& (magma hoplon and ululation are just killers, especially for only one support), and the BLU is a douche.

Long version: The BLU was impatient with me from the start. If I'm the only support, I need a LOT of items from the vending box, but this dude was harassing me to hurry. We zone into floor 76 and I start buffing myself while the rest of the PT takes off to kill stuff. The BLU ends up tanking (the WAR's 'voke was broken) for a bit and eventually his shadows go down and he takes a couple of hits. Then he says "are you gonna cure me anytime soon?" and "cure please" and stupid spam like that. I tell him to "shut the F*** up" and go on my merry way trying to manage my MP keeping these guys alive. A number of times during the run, he says similar things, but my reply was always the same ^^

We had 2 floors which really slowed us down: Flayer family (their un-dispellable ice spikes really hurt my MP) and a 'kill all' floor the size of Texas. We zoned up to floor 80 with just under 6 minutes to get the kill. Since we were low on time, the group used their items and just went right in. I ended up tanking for a small while since I had to spam cures on the melees, but nobody seemed to care that their only healer was getting his tail ripped off by a three-headed dragon! I end up getting KO'd, wait for Cerberus to use a TP move, then RR, Chainspell cast RR, use fanatics drink, then spam cures/paralyna as much as I can before Chainspell and the Fanatics drink wear off and I go down for the second time. I again wait for a TP move and see the BLU and SAM go down. I RR and try to keep the other two DD alive (the THF wasn't really doing much) and we end up timing out.

When we landed back in Alzadaal Undersea Ruins, I was tempted to just leave the BLU dead on the floor. I decided to be the bigger man (galka?) however and raised him despite the major a-hole factor that he had going.

Only got one NM on the run which appraised to a pair of khayan. So, Askar still eludes me, but I'll get it someday, if I just keep with it long enough!

I've been camping the AH for a Faerie Hairpin and an Amemet Mantle +1, but there haven't been any on for the past couple of days. If anyone happens to see these items, I'lll pay up to 210k for the hairpin and 150k for the mantle. I'd appreciate your help!

Posted Dec 18 2008, 10:39 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment