Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Update Day!

Today is the day... The day that the level cap goes up to 85! I can't wait to log in after work and start working on the next level-cap quest. I think I'll do BLM first, then BRD > RDM > WHM > WAR > MNK. I can't wait to get some of the new yummies that have been mentioned so far. Of course, if they make some stellar announcements at update time, I may change my mind.

The last 3 dynamis runs have been Beaucedine, Bastok x2. In those last 3 runs, I was able to snag BRD body, and MNK feet, BRD hands, BLM legs (from Bastok). Most of those pieces are just inventory -1, but it is nice to get a decent start on some of that relic for my 3 2nd-generation jobs.

Gotta say that I'm finally getting the hang of things in Dynamis now, as BLM. I felt really good about my performance in last night's run. I didn't screw up any timed nukes. There were a few extra BLMs at last night's run, which really helped speed things along. I don't have the best damage output, but I definitely did a decent job of taking out stones. We were in Bastok for the full length of the run, and saw a TON of relic drops (we got everything that the zone can drop, except for SMN and RDM. The DNC, DRK, and SCH relic went freelot to 37+, DNC and DRK to anyone with the job unlocked.).

Jeuno or Windy is scheduled for Friday, but I know I'll be tempted to skip it in favor of levelling jobs to the new cap.

Here's to hoping that there's lots of good info in today's update announcement!

Oh, I forgot to mention that my gil started eating a hole in my pockets recently. I saw someone shouting that they wanted to sell 130 ABCs for 5k ea. Since I had the gil, I purchased them (for 640k total). I considered selling them in bazaar for 7k ea, to make some additional cash, but I couldn't pass up the chance at getting myself another ABC piece. So, I bought my musical earring!!! BRD is that much closer to being 'complete' now :) I put the ramining 50-ish ABCs in my bazaar, marked up, and they sold overnight I ended up getting my Musical earring for just 3.4k/ABC, which I think is very good!
Posted Sep 8 2010, 08:13 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment