Monday, November 7, 2011

Finally Some ToM Progress

I wanted to get stuff done over the weekend, but that didn't translate into much in-game.  On Friday evening, it was almost Lightningsday, and since I was already geared up on BLM, I decided to go out and nuke some bluffalo in A-Uleg. Range to try to get my Teiwaz trial done.  In the course of the day, I managed to get 59/75 kills.  After the day change, I went to Vunkerl [S] and got the last few kills on Giga's Tiger during some thunderstorms. 

I wish I had read the trial description a bit more carefully, though.  I thought I needed to have thunder magic kills.  If I had just done what I normally do out there doing bluffalo, I could have possibly finished the trial a bit sooner.

The remaining trials are not weather/day -specific, just need to kill with the correct element.  I nuked down 150 goblin's beetles in Sauromogue Champagne [S], then parked myself in Toraimorai Canal to work on slimes.  I'm currently at 50/200 kills.  I figure I'll keep myself logged in as much as possible and just work on it a bit at a time. 

The nice thing about this particular trial is that when it is done, I'll have a staff that is slightly better for nuking than my Jupiter's Staff.  It'll be nice to have that boost to thunder spells again.

The next few trials are:

200 beetle kills
250 Funguar kills
250 Treant kills

I figure the funguar/treant kills can be done in Abyssea,-Konschtat for the extra boost to MP/Refresh/MAB along with the chance at getting the augmented Wivre Hairpin that I've wanted for so long.

After all of the kill trials, it is just a matter of finding 55 thunder geodes.

I've got enough gil to purchase either Blizzaja or Thunder V.  For the purposes of doing these Thunder-staff trials, I think Thunder V would be the most sensible purchase.  But, I just love nuking stuff in abyssea with ice magic, so Blizzaja makes sense in that regard. 

I wish those scrolls would just come down in price already.  Yesterday, there were 8 Blizzaja scrolls, 11 comet scrolls, and 4 Thunder V scrolls up on the AH.  I hope people keep flooding the market as it can only do good things for my pocket book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment