Tuesday, November 1, 2011

More dynamis

Attempted Jeuno with Ev and Lunaii, but we were not well-prepared.  We couldn't manage to kill the TEs without a bunch of aggro and it was very difficult to die in a safe place so we could get back up.  It didn't help that Lun's pet would randomly attack the mobs that I slept, making it very deadly for me.  We got 1 TE before we just decided to give up.

I teamed up with a lone BST who was killing Seps for BST feet seals.  This was great for me since it also drops SCH and RDM seals (I was 0/8 SCH and 5/8 RDM).  By the time he got his last BST seal, I had 3 SCH and 2 more RDM.  I'm hoping that I can get a couple of people together for a few mins to just go in and knock out that last RDM seal so I can check another piece of armor off of my list.

Over the course of ~3 more hours we were able to go out and finish up sligs' SMN seals.  Lunaii was bored and really helped us out by coming out on BLM to stagger.  What a difference it makes to have yellow staggers available.  The seals just drop so much better!  For reference, in maybe 20 kills before she showed up, we had received 4 SMN seals.  We had the last 4 that we needed in 4 kills after she arrived.

Sligs wanted to start doing dynamis, but it turns out he's never done it before, so we decided to start with Sandy, since Lun thought she had a MB pop.  Turns out that she didn't, but we were able to farm one and get him the clear.  There are some tough TE placements there, too.  TEs on the upper floors which would aggro the mobs below made for some tricky situations.  Plus, mobs respawn so fast that if you don't have a quick way of killing, you find yourself in endless danger of fighting repops.

Ia and I went in to Beaucedine to duo and it worked out pretty well.  I went DNC/THF for TH2 and opportunities to stagger.  The goblin TE was a tricky little bugger, but we eventually got it.  The rest of the TEs went without a hitch and we did a decent job farming.  My kill speed was a bit slow, but we ended up with almost 60 coins and she was happy to get WHM, PLD, DRK, BLU, PUP, and SAM relic.  I don't think it will be too difficult to convince her to tag along for future runs :)

A couple days later, we went into Bastok since both CB and sligs want SMN hands, and sligs needed the clear.  Again, the tight corridors and sound-aggro mobs made a couple TE kills tricky, but we did manage to get all 5, get a MB pop item, and get sligs the clear before we started farming.  It was CB, Ev, sligs, and me and we had a total of 137 coins drop.  The magic stagger mobs were being very difficult to stagger, but CB did a great job trying.  We didn't see any SMN pieces, so there's a good chance we'll be going back in there soon. I'm not looking forward to getting his Windy and Jeuno clears.  We'll have to make sure we have at least 1 full-time healer, a couple of AoE sleepers, and a solid heavy DD, so we can sleep mobs around the TE and then kill them quickly enough to get away before they repop.

I went out to solo Koios on MNK/DNC to try to blue proc him and get the SCH earring.  There was an alliance and a duo also out there hunting him, so it was well over an hour before I was even able to get him to pop.  I managed to stagger him pretty early, but I think my atma selection was bad because he was just beating the crap out of me (Apoc, VV, RR  ... GH would've been great here, I think.... I need to go get it).  I didn't think I was going to be able to keep enough TP to heal myself, let alone ever WS on him.  It would have been a very long solo, if I even could have done it.  So, I popped my brew.  He went down quickly enough after that, but only dropped a WAR body seal... Even with blue !!.

Oh, and here's the kicker: my abyssite changed.  After 1 single kill.  I didn't want it to change :(

I think I'll just take Ia along with me next time.  She shouldn't have any problems keeping me alive while I stagger, and the only WS that we wouldn't have (during blunt time) is Hexa Strike.

I also went in and brewed Shinryu with Braego.  He needed the win so that he could have cheap brews but none of his uber-awesome friends would use a brew.  The plan was for him to keep me healed until I was able to stagger, but he got drawn in pretty quick and was KO'd, so I just popped my brew to be safe.  It ended up being a H2H WS, but I couldn't get the timing down to land one at a good time.  I was way too worried that my brew would wear out and we'd be screwed with nothing to show for it.

I think our drops consisted of a Torque, a square of raxa, and some other worthless synth item.  At least he got the clear, though!  We'll have to go back in and try again to get him the atma, too.

Maybe this week Ia will have a chance to log on and do something fun.  We did some dom ops the other night and got her about half way to 83.  We'll really have to start working on getting her some +1'd empyrean armor (at least hat and legs) and also get to work on her Surya's Staff.  Then, we'll be unstoppable!

No comments:

Post a Comment