Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Lots of talk, little action

Braego was up for 10 days, which was a lot of fun.  We had lots of time to play xbox games and talk about FFXI, but we only logged in one time. He's obviously very excited about the progress that he's made on his relic.  It'll be nice to see them finished!

It was nice to see that the prices of some BLM scrolls are coming down to something a little more reasonable.  I'm debating whether I should pick up some scrolls or pick up this little gem:

Stoicheion Medal
[Neck]
Magic Accuracy +2
Magic Attack Bonus +8
Elemental Magic Casting Time -3%
Lv. 97 All Jobs


Finally, a decent nuking neck piece for all my jobs (RDM sais Hi).  I could sell my Lamegeton Medal and Uggalepih Pendant.  Inventory +1 woot!

So, spend ~1mil on this piece which I could eventually sell backl, or spend it on scrolls that I consume and have no chance to recoup my costs...  Decisions, decisions...

Ia wanted the BRD relic legs from Xarcabard, so we went in one night in an attempt to farm some up.  I wanted the DNC body since it is the only piece of relic that I still need from Xarcabard.

All of the TEs were killed without incident.  Next time, we could split up and knock them out a little faster, but the real issue that we had (DNCx2, WHM) was that we lacked crowd control.  That meant that Braego had to be careful with the pulls.

It was a pretty stale run drop-wise.  I think we saw 2x SAM, 1 x SCH and 1 x BLU for relic, and ended up with 86 or 87 pieces of currency.  A single Forgotten Hope also dropped to Ia.  I'm not sure which pieces that can be used to upgrade, but being 1/30 (or 1/50) means it wasn't that important. It was nice to see where all the TEs are, so that Ia and I could go in and duo it a few times to try for her relic.

Maybe I'll log on a couple of days this week.  Unfortunately, the security on my laptop was changed sometime in December, so now I'm unable to prevent the screen saver from starting.  When the screen saver comes on, FFXI crashes.  I used to just log in and keep an eye on ls chat/shouts until I saw something that I wanted to do.  In the meantime, I would do something else (like watch TV or work on guitar).  Now that I can't do that, I feel less inclined to even log in.  I don't want to be tied to my PC performing an action at least once every 10 minutes just to keep my screen saver from kicking in.


No comments:

Post a Comment