Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Weekend Update?!

I know, it's out of character for me to post on the weekend, but the last few days have been quite productive, so I want to get some of this stuff out of the way before I forget.

First, let me get Ia out of the way.  I got her WHM up to capped xp @95 and capped merits.  I proceeded to use all of those merits, too :)   I spent some time working on her macros to make it easier to 2-box and then tried them out in a solo (duo) session in Dynamis - Beaucedine.  I had a few things working against me, including having to go AFK for ~15 mins after entering, so I didn't have as much time to farm as I would have liked.  Then, it took me awhile to get used to sneak/invis/auto-run-following between TEs.  By the time I got to camp, I think I only had ~1 hour to farm. 

I only got 1 forgotten thought, though.  I took her along with GenerationXI to get the Grauberg clear so she's @ 2/9 zone clears, but that whole experience was kind of a clusterf*ck.  Someone said they were gonna brew after we got the yellow and red staggers, but he never popped his brew.  So, the monster went batsh!t crazy and ran around killing everyone.... He went unclaimed and we lost our staggers.

I don't really care a whole lot since I didn't want anything other than the clear, but it made me angry.

Aside from that, I did some more legwork and advanced Ia in the CoP storyline a bit more.

I tagged along with some LS mates killing some abyssea NMs.  Managed to snag a Timarli Jashwan from Iratham for a TP piece on WAR.



It doesn't *look* that great, but it is a nice TP piece.

Then, I tagged along with someone in the LS to help them kill the T2 VNM Koios in Altepa.  I was hoping to see the SCH earring, and it eventually dropped for me!

This means that with my relic/AF, I turn 6 HP -> 10 MP every tick, and that my sublimation will fully charge in ~2 mins.  (so much better than the 10+ mins it takes to fully charge sublimation on WHM)

While we were farming, someone showed up and accused us of botting because we happened to be standing near Koios when he came up one time.  That resulted in him saying a bunch of retarded stuff in /say and apparently reporting us to a GM.  Next time the VNM was up, he managed to snag it, but had aggro from a treant, then got JA agg from 2 murex (I have no idea why he wouldn't move away from the JA-agg mobs... he was right on the edge of their spawn area).  Now, if he hadn't been such a jerk about us beating him to the previous pop, I would have helped him.  But, since he had shown his character I just let them take him down.  He died, Koios despawned, and then we popped him and killed.

This was the conversation that followed after:


I tried not to sink to his level, even though I felt like calling him all kinds of stupid things.  Eventually he gave up and left.  Funny thing was that I'm pretty sure he just wanted to change his T2 pop to a T3... If he had sent us a /tell, we would have been happy to invite him and let him pop the NM.  Instead, he decided to just come out being a douche...   In the end, I got what I was after, and I still have a T2 pop, so I can go kill that NM in Vunkerl for my ballad harp now!

And that is even more probable now that Protecus is back in the game!  That's right, he's back.  He got internet access at his new place yesterday and we celebrated by doing dynamis.  The TEs went pretty fast and we farmed orcs near the last TE.  With the exception of a few deaths from SMN 2-hrs, we did pretty well (I thought).  We didn't focus on staggering mobs, instead hoping to get more forgotten thoughts.  We walked out with a total of 46 coins and 4 forgotten thoughts. 

To wrap up the night, we went out to the mire to kill the T3 ZNM Experimental Lamia.  With the exception of a little trouble finding the way to the ???, it went very well.  Sligs' pet tanked like a champ after wack got charmed and I got KO'd.  Unfortunately, he didn't get the item he was after, so we'll be going back out again to farm up another pop.

I got a new medal in Campaign.  I just need 1 more promotion to get my Altana's Medal and be finished with those promotions.  I'm hoping that I can get Wack, sligs, and Ziggy to help me do some of the MKD fights so I can finish those missions.  I figure I'll make a cure potency head piece for non-WHM jobs.

So, I've been keeping busy in-game and have had lots of desire/motivation to be logged in.  I'm hoping that desire sticks around for a while so I can get some stuff accomplished.  The last few days have been great; hopefully the rest of the weekend will be just as productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment