Tuesday, March 13, 2012

BST is 99, but not done

Thanks to an exp session vs. pots with Wack and Zman, some GoV with Wack and strangers, and a pretty epic doll alliance in Abyssea - Altepa, I was able to get BST to 99 with a capped buffer. I must say, I put out some uber damage.

You can't make this stuff up

After 96, I didn't get any new awesome gear to add, but it is nice to once again be able to idle in some decent regen gear, I guess.  The inventory I gained from selling off the lower level gear that I used to level BST was lost in pet food and jugs.  It'll be worth it in the end though, right?

Wack wanted to hit up Abyssea - Konschtat to use up an Eccentric Eve pop to try to get Zman the Atma of the Voracious Violet.  We went WAR, WHM, BLM to try to get red stagger.  We knew that the biggest problems were going to be the mob's charm and instant KO moves.  While we weren't able to get the red stagger (it was either katana or G.Katana) things went well. That is, until ~10% when the thing just kept spamming the charm move.

It went yellow, we lost whatever staggers we actually got, and we pretty much ended up doing the zombie thing until it was dead.  No atma, nothing but the 100% drops.  At least 1 more person would be nice to have, 2 would be perfect.  An extra healer, and a backup tank would go a long ways toward staying alive the whole fight.  I still have an Eccentric Eve pop, but I think I'll save it until we have a couple extra bodies.

After that, we went to pop the zone boss.  It is a peiste called Kukulkan and it is a pretty easy duo.  Wack changed to MNK and we waited for night so that we could blue stagger as he wanted the belt that it drops.  While the first pop wasn't exactly smooth, the 2nd was just about perfect and dropped the belt that we were after.

Checking out Wack's new belt!

After killing Kukulkan, we went to Grauberg to pop the T2 VNM Gamayun for MNK body seals.  None of us had pops, so we started by popping the T1.  That was a mess.  The T1 VNM in Grauberg tends to pop in the middle of a bunch of goblins.  Add in the fact that they are elementals, and that Z's BLM isn't quite up-to-par yet gear/atma-wise, and we had some very long kills.  By the time my abyssite finally changed it was super late, so we just popped the T2.

The T2 was pretty easy and he dropped 2x MNK body seals for Z.  Of course my abyssite changed after 1 kill...  I figure we'll all build T2 pops on our own and try again some other day.
Much love to Gamayun for dropping 2 MNK body seals for Zman!

A couple days later we went to Abyssea - Attohwa in an attempt to get some BLM and MNK feet for Z.  PLD, BLMx2 for azure and amber lights.  We ended up doing quite well on TEs and amber light, but we didn't do so well on feet armor for Z.  I think we had RDM, WHJMx2, THF in the 2 hours or so that we were there.  I'm pretty sure we also all built MB pops, so we'll probably head out there to kill him a few times real soon.  Z went back in with Sligs after Wack and I left and was able to get his BLM boots to +1.

Since BST is finally 99, I decided to start working on the Magian pet -PDT axes.  The first trial was pretty easy and I finished it in no time.  The 2nd trial is proving to be troublesome.  Need 50 bee kills in Dark/Water/Earth/Ice weather.  Not many options for bees @ 99 that will give exp AND pop in a zone that has the required weather.  I spent a few hours in Crawler's Nest [S] and the Temple of Uggalepih, but never saw the weather that I needed.  I'll be happy when this trial is over (x2).  It seems like I always say that about magian trial, yet here I am doing 2 more >.>

Wack and I hit up Dynamis - Beaucedine in an attempt to get the BST relic feet (I can't believe that I didn't already have them).  We were able to kill the goblin TE, which is usually the most difficult pull, without a single link.  Then, the eye TE in the hydras, which is usually a very simple kill, caused some trouble.  We fought in a bad place and ended up getting links from a hydra DRG, MNK, and BRD.  We both died once trying to kill them all.  It turns out that the DEF down effect from Aegis Schism is killer when you're fighting a MNK mob.  Even though it only checked DC, it's hits were landing for between 150-200 on me.
The DEF down from Aegis Schism is deadly
The yagudo TE was in a bad spot, but I didn't feel like waiting for the stars and the moons to align to get a clean pull, so I just pulled all the yags away and wiped while wack got the kill. The orc and quadav TEs went perfectly, though and we got to farming. We didn't do great currency-wise, but we managed to get 3 forgotten touches for Wack's NIN or MNK head and I got my BST feet, so it was a success in my book.  We also killed 4 NMs, but didn't see a 100-piece.

We are going to head back out sometime this week so that Zman can tag along and get some relic. It could possibly turn into a regular thing, too, which could be nice for the pocketbook.

This week I hope to be able to make some progress on my ToM axes.  I would also like to get my +1 BST empyrean legs. Might be tough to accomplish those goals as the forecast has the high temperatures in the 70s this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment