Monday, July 19, 2010

Add: WHM, RDM80... BRD closing fast

I finished WHM to 80 and promptly turned around and finished RDM to 80, too. In the process of doing so, I'm 1 rank away from maxed Medal in Campaign. (wouldn't you know it: no Allied rings since I've had the rank to buy 'em)

BRD is 30k to 80, which shouldn't take too long in a decent merit PT. I just need the motivation to get it done. I haven't felt like pulling for the past few days, so I haven't been getting any PTs (though, not for lack of invites).

I've yet to be involved in one of those uber abyssea PTs. The experiences that I have had have been enjoyable, though. Average right around 15k/hr for 1.5 to 2 hrs. I did pick up all of the new spells that I need except for 3: Protect V, Water IV, and Baramnesra.

I expect Protect V to drop below vendor price (which is 106k). I won't spend 150-200k on a lolRDM nuke scroll (I'll farm it up, instead), and baramnesra should be available for ~20k soon. I don't have any steady income atm, so I'm trying to be conservative with the little bit of gil that I have.

I took advantage of lazy people and sold 8 or so scrolls of Protect V on the AH. I bought them from the vendor @ 106k, and sold them on the AH for 150-180k. In the end, I made ~300k from scrolls.

I think I'll continue working on BRD until I get a decent buffer (at least 20k), then switch to MNK and work on that via campaign/FoV/Abyssea. I'm actually looking forward to doing some Abyssea on MNK. It will be nice to not really have to pay attention like I've had to on WHM/RDM/BRD.

I picked up the 3 pieces of Perle gear that I wanted (hands, legs, and feet). This means no more dusk gear on WAR!!!

I also picked up the Aurore legs for MNK, and the Teal hands for BRD. I'lll pick up Teal legs/body soon, and eventually Aurore hands ('cause MNK doesn't have any haste in the hand slot).

If SE ever makes the sets storable, I'll pick up the rest of each set. Until then, I'll use my cruor to buy maps, and activate confluxes for faster travel inside the zones.
Posted Jul 19 2010, 02:33 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment