Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Busy busy busy

We did manage to get CB up to sea the next Friday. Tenzen was a fun/quick fight. I guess my opening WS got his attantion as he put me down in short order ~5 seconds into the fight. The rest of the group was able to finish him off, though.

CB and I then did the map mini-quest for him, followed by some BLU spell farming. We were able to get all of the spells that he needed from the Aerns, sharks, goldfish, and squid. I saw him doing 8-2 and 8-3 over the weekend, so we can go in and get the spells that he needs from the euvhi and grah inside of Ru'Hmet.

I didn't do dynamis during the week of the update, but did manage to go the following Tuesday as WAR80/SAM40. It was nice doing some good ol' fashioned fragmentation SCs! I managed to only die once, too. It was a short run, but the BRD feet went freelot and I was lucky enough to win the lot on one. Yay for 1/5 BRD relic ^^ Still for pieces for both BRD and MNK to go!

The last 1.5 weeks have been very busy for me in-game.

Here's the overview:
- June Update on Monday June 22
- Thursday June 25: tore MCL in right knee
- Friday, June 26 - Monday, July 5: working from home/vacation/holiday

Basically, from Friday, June 26 through Monday, July 5, I've been logged in/playing FFXI every chance that I get. This has allowed me to do a couple of notable things:

- WAR to 80 w/ capped xp
- WHM to 79
- 2/3 Perle pieces from Abyssea (so close to the 3rd!)

Getting that last piece of Perle (hands) will be nice because it will allow me to retire dusk hands/feet for good for WAR. Ultimately, I lose out on 1% haste and a few points of attack, but I think that perle hands/legs/feet will be acceptable TP pieces.

After I get perle hands, I'll work on the Aurore stuff for MNK, starting with the legs, then hands, and finally feet. I'm not too interested in the mage armor (Teal Saio set) for WHM, but it may be useful for BRD or RDM (if I can manage to carry more gear for either of those jobs).

I spent a lot of time with the guys in the LS doing stuff late at night, including Abyssea cruor farming/exploration and xp partying (in slow WS fashion). I spent 7 or 8 hours with Zman in the Boyahda tree skilling up/farming. We both walked out of there ~200k richer, which was nice. It also allowed me to cap my club skill on WHM (@77). I did 1 ISNM3k, managed to die (like I always seem to do), and didn't get an ore. As karma would have it, the retarded RDM that spent more time flapping his figurative jaw got an ore >.> This dude was a waste of space. The melee's had to ask for haste, and of the 6 runs that we did, 3 of them involved the death of a melee. I don't know what this dude was doing, but he couldn't have been paying attention to the game.

I took advantage of the new spells by buying from the NPC and selling for a profit on the AH. If/when my last scroll sells, I will have made 350k just for running out to Rabao 5 times. It's nice to not be hovering ~20k gil.

In that time, I also had a birthday party and some holiday festivities, got some yardwork done, and did a bunch of housework.

Back at work, they're remodeling my office, which means that I'm stuck in a visitor's cubicle for the next couple of weeks. I'm seriously considering working from home until my office is done. Maybe in that time I can finish WHM (80 and capped xp), RDM, and BRD before starting on MNK.
Posted Jul 6 2010, 02:06 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment