Thursday, May 28, 2009

Armor, WS, khroma, Oh My!

Let's see what the last couple of weeks have brought:

Askar Korazin
Dark Spirit Pact from an Azure key
Black Halo
CoP 2-3 Done
Evisceration (well, everything but the fight against Baronial Bat)
Khroma Ore

I'll start with the Askar body. Two weeks ago we did 2x80, 1x100 Nyzul runs. We completed all 3. Two things stick out in my memory about those runs. First is that on the 2nd floor 80 run that we did, we were cutting it close. Less than 5 mins when we landed on 80. Defeated the boss with less than 10 seconds and see the Askar drop. I lotted immediately and everyone else passed very quickly and it dropped to me right before we exited with maybe a second left on the clock. My heart was beating like I'd run a mile! I was so pumped :)

Then, one of our members had to leave early, but we decided to try a floor 100 w/ 5. We ended up clearing with a fair amount of time to spare, but didn't get anything from it. So far, I think we've gotten 1 Denali head and 1 askar. We definitely need more head pieces!

I thought we were done farming floor 80 with my Askar, but it turns out that Yoshiji also wants one. So, we'll be spending more time farming 80 and 100 in the coming weeks. Vaynard is really making progress on his RDM, so we might also be able to snag a Goliard body for him, too. Speaking of Vay's RDM, he wants some other goliard pieces, which means that I might get a shot at some other askar armors when we start farming those floors.

I regularly collect seedspalls from the non-goblin beastmen to get an Azure Key in an attempt for Utsusemi: Ni. Most of the time, I get garbage. Braego was over and I was showing him what he needs to do since he also wants Ni (to use, not sell). I had picked up the Yag and Orc seedspalls, but the Quads were being stingy. So, I had Braego take over for me until he got one to drop, then I directed him to Jeuno to turn in the key. I was surprised to see that my reward was a Dark Spirit Pact! I was going to use it since it is one summon that I don't have, but I decided to check the price on the AH first. I was even more surprised to see that they regularly sell for 180k! Forget SMN, sell that baby! It sold very quickly and now Braego is going to spam Azure Keys every day, too ^^

I tried to solo the pot NM in Ro'Maeve for Black Halo, but got my butt handed to me. So, I got some people together to take it out once and for all. We ended up with a full PT of WAR, THF, RNG, MNK, WHM, RDM. The pot went down very quickly and I received my new (and last) club WS. Immediately after, I set out to skill dagger up to the 230 skill required to unlock Evisceration.

I saw a shout for 2-3 that was at 5 so I joined up. It took everyone a long time to gather, but we eventually made it into the aqueducts. The WHM that we had was a complete moron. As soon as we entered, he said "I've only got 35 minutes, so we have to do this fast!" ... This coming from the guy who arrived to the Tavnazian Safehold 40 minutes after everyone else >.>

The dude who guided us did a fairly good job. We made it to the minotaur without any problems (even got a fomor codex to drop on one of the kills otw out there). There were a couple of problems with ill-preparedness, however. I brought a Reraise Earring, but I was the only one. One person brought holy waters. So, there was a lot of death because of doom. I ended up dying 4 times in that fight because I would get up, nobody would cure me as I reapplied reraise and shadows, then I would get killed by AoE. We went the wrong way once when trying to find the secret room past the library for the last CS, which meant that we also had to farm an extra bronze key. This only took us a little while, however.

Eventually we all made it to the final CS, then we ran out as a group. A bit of running around in the safehold and Miseraux Coast, and now I'm ready for 2-5 (or, mammets)! As soon as I landed in Whitegate, I saw a shout for 2-5, @5/6, needing a healer. I was tempted to join them, but Ia said no ; ;

Around Nyzul, I managed to break the latent on my dagger of trials, so I turned it in and have my map key item. Now all I need to do is make the trip to Gustav Tunnel to kill Baronial Bat and then I get an awesome new WS^^

Finally, I did a last-minute ISNM run last night after I finished dagger weaponskills. I had my doubts about the BLM that we had, but things ended up going pretty smooth. We were 3/6 on khromas, and I was one of the lucky ones who got one :) I knew the price had gone up a bit since the last one that I sold, but I didn't expect them to be at 450k! Unfortunately, I doubt I'll be doing many ISNMs until I can afford to pick up a Perdu Wand and Perdu Voulge, which will set me back almost 100k IS. I think I'm gonna be meriting in Aht Urghan zones for a long time :(

I'd like to start making it back to Sky regularly. Apparently Genbu's shield, which would make a nice addition to my RDM solo gear, is going freelot. It is hard to be online at 7:00 when the weather is so nice, though.
Posted May 28 2009, 11:07 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment