Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Blah Night

So last night was kind of a bust. I logged on to see which Dynamis FearNothing was going to do. The fellowship calendar showed Sandy, but we had just done Sandy last Tuesday, so I was a bit skeptical. Turns out they were doing Jeuno (AGAIN!!!!). So, I put my WS pearl back on and put my flag up. I get an invite for a PT at MJSP. The setup: WAR WAR WAR SAM BRD WHM. When I get there, I see some of the PT complaining about the worthless NIN they had in the PT, so I'm clearly a rep. No biggie, though, as I just wanted to get 5k limit points so I could finish off MP merit 7. Well, with exp band, I ended up getting almost 8k before I was KO'd and the PT disbanded. I flagged up again and headed back to Whitegate to seek for another PT before Nyzul.

Soon after, Braego asks for help finishing off his last ZM5 fight. This was the fight vs. the pair of Opo-opos in Yhoator Jungle (through Ifrit's Cauldron). We only got magic aggro from the bombs one time as we were running through the cauldron, as we were waiting for a flame spout to go away. During the fight we agg'd another volcanic bomb and it was looking pretty grim. Fortunately, the flame sput went away and we were able to run to the zone without any deaths. The fight itself went pretty smooth. Congrats to Braego for completing ZM5!

Now, he was putting a ZM6 PT together right after, but it was already 10:05, so I figured I had better just get to Whitegate and get geared up for Nyzul. Almost 2 hours later, we finally went into Nyzul Isle ><

Yoshi never showed up and it took us a long time to find a trustworthy replacement. So we picked up Booniex as COR for the first run, then Zman as MNK/DNC for the 2nd and 3rd. The first run we got a few kill all floors which really ate up too much of our time. We ended up timing out on floor 64. The 2nd run went much more smoothly (despite Wack getting killed from a pair of linked flans) and we were able to clear some discs up to 65. When that happened, Slig found that Ascetic's Fury was available to him! 'Grats on the cool weaponskill, Slig! Unfortunately, CB and Pro still hadn't unlocked their weaponskills, so we'll continue climbing next week. The last run we decided to attempt a floor 60 boss for some hands. We kicked some ass on the way up and made it to floor 60 with just over 10 minutes to spare, only to see: White Magic Restriction...

Now, this isn't the first time we've had a White Magic Restriction on a boss floor, but it still sucks to know that I'm completely worthless for the fight (I had used Benediction on the 2nd run). The only thing I could bring to the table was a single Martyr for ~650 hp. As it turns out, I didn't even have that. Before I tried to use it, I got hit with a few AoEs and then the Archaic Rampart that roams the floor agg'd me and eventually KOd me. We got the win, however (thanks to Z coming /DNC) and guess what we got for a reward... nothing.

All-in-all, it was a rather blah night. Nyzul disappoints (although at least our group is competent enough to climb, unlike the PUGs that I've gotten). Yay for one more MP merit. Just need 47k limit points until I finish those off. Boo for a limit PT that was just mediocre... Maybe I'll have better luck later on this week when I get to log on again.
Posted Dec 3 2008, 02:11 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment