Tuesday, August 17, 2010

BLM... Done?!

Did the Odin Prime fight and got myself a nice new Aesir Ear Pendant. It feels good to finally have 2 nice melee earrings (Brutal and Aesir). I don't feel as gimp now :)

On a whim, I geared up BLM again, since I capped MNK and BRD. I got a couple of burn PTs in Vunkerl, and managed to slowly climb toward 70.

Theblondwarrior asked if I wanted to join their Abyssea PT as a nuker, even though I was a lower level. It turns out my nuking sucked... I was constantly getting resisted. I felt like a total leech, but I did manage to get 10k into 71.

Over the past weekend, Ia was out of the house visiting her brothers. I had set a goal for myself to get BLM to 75 before the end of the weekend. I managed to snag an abyssea PT one night, but I only had 2 stones. I was really hoping to be able to squeak out 24k xp in that time so that I could ding 72, and be able to do teles/retraces on BLM for some gil (which I was severely lacking). When the alliance finally broke 10 hours later, I had over 480 mins of visitant status remaining. I used ~150 forbidden keys. I went form 10k into 71 to 10k into 75, switched to merits and got 6 merits that I needed to open Burst/Freeze II, switched back to xp and capped xp @80, then got almost 2 more merits. In that 10 hours, I got 525,000 experience/limit points.

For what I've used BLM for, I really like it, although my gear sucks. I'm also behind on scrolls... but I've made some headway thanks to some help farming from CB. I'm going to hit up Castle O for Aero IV next.

We also headed up to Sky to knock out a couple of Byakkos. We took 11 people and managed to kill him twice w/o any problems. No haidate, though :(

Since he went down so easily, I think we'll be going up again real soon. Just as soon as we can put some more popsets together.

Also tried to do the NM that drops the Bifrost Ring (70 HP -> MP). I managed to get the highest random so we did my pop first. It did not go well. I think we got the NM to ~70% before we wiped. I'm thinking that you need to have a couple of tanks and a lot of AoE healing. A fully meritted WHM (barspells and Shell V), AoE stoneskin or Cureskins, and maybe Fire Carol would be useful, along with a ton of DD. I'd like to try it again with some slayers soon.

Did UIA w/ CB and Vay but didn't get any good drops. Also did ISNM w/ Z, but only 1 ore dropped (and not to a slayer).

IRL, I just had the ACL replaced in my right knee yesterday. I'll be off work for ~2 weeks while it recovers. Ia has been treating me like a freakin' champ. Much <3 <3 <3
Posted Aug 17 2010, 12:40 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment