Tuesday, August 3, 2010

MNK, BRD Done

I FINALLY got one of those uber Abyssea parties. The day didn't start off that way, though.

I got invited to an existing Abyssea party in Tahrongi canyon on MNK. I was doing campaign and was just ~12k to 77. I took the invite with high hopes. I had 3 stones on me, 120 mins of visitant status, and Joachim still had some stones for me.

That alliance lasted just 30 minutes or so before they broke. Apparently, they had been going for awhile but just lost steam. We had to quit when 1/2 of the alliance was ejected from the zone.

I replenished the visitant status that I had used and filled back up to 3 stones. Shortly after that, I got another invite back to Tahrongi. We were fighting the floating head BLM mobs near Warp 4. These were a breath of fresh air for me, after fighting coeurls. I felt like I was actually able to hit the things and do some decent damage. This alliance started right around 2PM. When I walked away, it was 12:30. I checked at 3AM and they were still going. By my calculation, I got almost 375,000 experience points during that time. It was enough for me to take MNK from 76 to capped xp @ 80 and finish off the last 3 merits to get 10 merit points and 9999/10000 toward merit 11. At that time, I was capped on XP (600/kill) and getting close w/ the cruor, I think (60/kill).

At that point, I left to use my merits and switch to BRD (since I only had ~100 buffer). When I left at the end of the night, BRD was also capped, and I was 10/10 merits and 9999/10000 toward 11. (500 xp/kill ?? cruor/kill) I spent all of those, then killed a lesser colibri, and spent that point, too. Next time I go into Abyssea, I'll be able to cap xp (if I'm on WHM, WAR, or RDM; which are 2k, 1k, 14k to cap respectively) and get 110,000 limit points before having to leave. That should give me a good 3 hours at least.

When I joined that 2nd alliance, I had ~120 minutes of visitant status. When I left 10 hours later, I had ~160 minutes of visitant status remaining. I still have 3 stones on me, and I'm pretty sure Joachim has 5 or 6 more waiting for me!

Now, if I had been allowed to leech on BLM as key b!tch, those 375000 xp would have taken me from just into 64 to 13k into 75! I am definitely going to focus on getting BLM closer to 70 so that I can start taking it to Abyssea in the hopes of getting it to 80 and meritted pretty soon.

I can't wait to get another party like that again... At the same time, if my parties turn out to be a bust, I won't mind as much, since I have finally had the chance to experience the sweet xp that can come out of Abyssea.

I spent the last of my gil buying ABCs and finally got my Brutal Earring :) Thanks to a loan from Zman (which I repaid the next day). I think the next purchase willl be a musical earring, then relaxing. My last ABC purchase will be the Boxer's Mantle. I just need to find a way to be able to afford all of those ABCs!
Posted Aug 3 2010, 04:22 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment