Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Update Day +2

Wow... updates 3 days in a row!

Logged in early last night hoping to get some campaign in before dynamis to get a proper WAR buffer. I got through the end of 1 fight (for a whopping 660 XP) before I talked CB into trying to duo the Airship fight (CoP 6-4).

We went RDM/DNC and PLD/BLU. We took the mammets easily, but I didn't take enough time to rebuff before Omega. Buffs dropped, MP and TP ran out, and then Omega started using Pile Pitch (which resets hate and drops your HP to 5%) which we were unprepared for. We died in a bad spot and had to home point.

CB went to get some food while I thought about other strategies. I decided not to do dynamis-Xarcabard. While I want BRD relic from there soooooo bad, I didn't want to delevel. More importantly, I wanted to get CB past 6-4! So, when he got back from eating, we went to work again. We helped Ev fight the 3 detectors in Miseraux Coast and while he ran around getting more cut-scenes, CB and I tried the fight again.

This time, we went PLD/DNC and WAR/DNC. I equipped the little evasion gear that I had and ate a jack-o-lantern. Mammets were easy. We got Omega down to ~5% before we wiped. But this time, we wiped in a safe spot, and were able to recover. We took out Omega and started working on Ultima.

Ultima went pretty well, but eventually we just ran out of support. TP/MP wasn't being recovered fast enough to keep up with the damage that it was doing, once it started getting low on life. We wiped with Ultima at ~30% but didn't have enough time after weakness to make an effort.

By this time, Ev was finishing up his cut-scenes and was ready to help. Shiji came out on SAM to help. We beat the fight in 18 mins (about 5 minutes per phase, with 3 minutes of cut-scene inbetween). I am super pumped that Ev and CB are so close to sea! Just the 3 NMs in Carpenter's Landing, Bibiki Bay, and Miseraux Coast... then Tenzen.

I'm really looking forward to getting them up there :)

Also got 1.5k XP from beating the airship fight, so I've got a semi-reasonable buffer on WAR now. I can take 2 R1s before a permanent de-level back to 75. This must be remedied!

Tonight is a Dave Matthews Band concert w/ Braego, so I won't be online. Tomorrow is a softball game, so I won't be on. I'm looking forward to logging in on Friday to drop all of my losing marbles, then finish the run to sea!
Posted Jun 23 2010, 09:31 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment