Monday, June 14, 2010

DNC Done!

SpiritsOfDynamis (I think that's what they're called) did Beaucedine on Tuesday. Everything was freedrop, except for 100 pieces, so I ended up getting 8 ancient currency. I bazaar'd it overnight and made ~150k. The only piece of relic that dropped that I was interested in lotting was BLM, but I refrained since my BLM is still only 64. I only died once (it was a full wipe) and managed to get my buffer back to cap on Friday in a Campaign session with Ev's SMN and Ia on BRD (dynamis was cancelled).

I re-geared DNC and got an invite after a besieged. We sync'd to 40 in the Crawler's Nest fighting beetles. I think the PT was RDM, PLD, RNG, DRK, MNK, DNC. I was a bit worried about the RDM because it was clear they were new to the job (and maybe even the game). I took care of the healing, they just worked on refreshing (after 41) and debuffing. It worked out great!

The following afternoon, during the kid's nap time, I put my flag up again and got another invite to CN. This time we went to the basement sync'd to 45 and fought Rumble Crawlers. The MNK from the night before was in the PT again. This PT went quite well, too. I managed to finish up DNC (49!) before the end of the PT. As much fun as it is, I think I'll just put it away for awhile and work on the rest of my subs. I really enjoy the job in a PT, but the invite rate is kinda slow, and soloing just takes forever.

I picked up some gear and seeked on THF after I was done with DNC. My first invite was a 25 sync in Yuhtunga. The PT was OK, but there was a severe lack of mobs. I think there were 3 other PTs camped outside of Kazham. Eventually, a gob popped and agg'd the AFK MNK, which resulted in one person KO'd and the rest running to the zone. The leader broke the PT after that.

Then, I got the invite I was hoping for: East Ronfaure {S}. I was looking forward to trying out SATA and SATA+VB with some of my new gear. The PT didn't last too long, but I was very pleased with the damage that I was putting out and managed to ding 38 before the PT broke. I think if I can find some extra gil, I'll pick up some more gear and hit even harder. THF, like DNC, is definitely more fun in a PT than it is solo.

Hopefully I'll get something nice in dynamis this week, and maybe get a few more levels of THF before I start working on getting SAM 40+.
Posted Jun 14 2010, 04:10 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment