Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Dorp to End All Dorps

Last night was Dynamis - Xarcabard. I logged on early and geared up to do some campaign, to build up my buffer a bit (I was 8k from capped) but was just too tired so got a little power nap in instead.

I made sure to get out to the trail markings early so that I would be included in attendance. This was the first run that I'd attended since they implemented the new points system. All the 'old-timers' started at last Sunday's Valkurm run with 10 points, and got an additional 4 for the run, bringing their total to 14 points. Since I don't have access to CoP zones, I only had 10 points. I was sure this was going to be bad for me if the RDM hat actually dropped.

Fast forward 30 minutes into dynamis when we're fighting Duke Berith (the RDM demon NM). For the second time since January, he drops his hat. The LS leader calls out those who are eligible to lot and I'm not on the list (of course, I've got 4 less points than everyone else). The high lot was only 702. I was so very tempted to just lot it and see if I could win it. I didn't, and the hat dropped to someone else.

I was kinda disappointed and wondered if I would ever have enough points to lot the hat over anyone who had dreamland access. I sent the leader a tell asking if I could get points for showing up to dreamland zones to act as a glass mule or something (to which he eventually agreed) so that I wouldn't constantly be behind everyone else.

Fast forward 1 hour after we just cleared the Eye Wall. A second RDM hat drops. So, I'm waiting to see who they announce has lotting rights. Of course, they list the same people that they listed for the first hat (which didn't include me). Then, I hear someone pipe up and say that I should be allowed to lot as well since I was in the same point tier as everyone else (Tiers go in increments of 15, so if someone is 15 points lower than someone else, that person cannot lot). The LS leader agreed that since I've never missed a run that I, too, was eligible.

So I look at the other 3 who lotted and my heart just sank. The high lot was 965. Then.... epicness:

I rolled 983.

The guys on vent just exploded! I celebrated my lotting-leetness by dying twice in a row. I didn't even see in the log when it dropped to me, I just saw all of the congratulations. So, I looked back in the log and sure enough:

Truece obtains a Duelist's Chapeau.

So, I put it on, stared at myself for a little while, then announced to the LS that I was done with dynamis and asked for a D2 ^^ Of course I was joking (I'll slowly phase out of dynamis over the next few months, probably).

I need to adjust my macros a bit now since I want to idle in the relic hat and all of my macros leave me idling in artifact hat.

I just can't believe that I finally have this incredible piece.

Then, to top it all off, I see that SE announced the WHM job updates for the April version update. New spells, changes to old spells, and new JAs, too! We even get an AoE Erase :) I can't wait to check out those changes.

Tonight after ENM, we are either gonna do 2 floor climbs in Nyzul so that we can do 3xboss floors next week, or we'll do my CoP 2-3 fight. Well, since I'm not worried about points for dynamis gear any longer, I think I'd rather do Nyzul Isle. Soon, I'll start working off points for Mystic Boon and King's Justice!!!

It's been a good week ^^
Posted Mar 26 2009, 10:43 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment