Monday, October 6, 2008

Dynamis - Windurst

Last night was Dynamis - Windurst. The LS leader stated that if you didn't show up then you wouldn't be able to go to the LS's first Beaucedine on Wednesday. Some work responsibilities prevented me from getting online on time. Not wanting to miss my chance at the improved ice droprates and getting WHM and RDM relic, I logged in as soon as I got home and just went to Dynamis as WAR (since that's what I was geared for).

This was my first dynamis as anything but WHM. I have considered going as RDM before, but I figured with my craptastic gear, my sleepgas wouldn't stick and I'd be dead a lot. As WHM I am always very busy. I find that unless we are recovering from a wipe, I am constantly doing something. Casting a spell, using a job ability, sleeping a mob... I'm constantly busy.

Not so much as WAR. It was much more relaxing. Not having much to do except /assist the tank (who was very slow in picking mobs). I would 'voke slept mobs, since we were very low on PLDs. My biggest gripe was that nobody was looking out for me or my PT. It does suck not having any ability to heal myself. We had a RDM in the PT, but he/she was just lousy. Before my 2nd death, I was running around with <300 HP (while she had nearly full HP and MP) and she never tossed a cure at me. After that, I wouldn't take any chances. If I got low on health, I would run back and /heal it up, just to be safe.

It was a very disorganized run and we ended up not getting the win. One of our THFs did a sac pull and made it almost all of the way around the loop. When they finally died, the mobs took the short path (apparently this is what happened) and aggro'd the death house on their way. Seems like a load of crap to me, but I don't really care. I was looking to get out of that zone ASAP.

Since I showed up late, I won't be able to enter Beaucedine on time, which means that RDM and WHM relic will most likely drop a million times before I enter the zone, and never again after.

Just 7 more pieces of relic and I can stop doing dynamis, right?
Posted Oct 6 2008, 02:04 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment