Wednesday, November 5, 2008

New Gear!

FearNothing did a bit of recruiting and took ~28 ppl to Dynamis-Bastok last night. The group seemed fairly competent and I was able to go for the first hour without a single death. Then, either the tanks stopped trying to tank, or the WHMs were too busy watching the election results because I was KO'd 7 times in the last couple of hours. We ended up getting the win (Killshot: Tru!) and BST, BLU, SAM, THF relic before I left for Nyzul.

For Nyzul Isle, we decided to climb from 20-30 and then hit floor 80 for some armor. I must apologize for causing a bit of drama before we got started. I wanted to get Redd's disc caught up so that when we were climbing, it would help everyone. Also, my disc is at floor 11 and I can't seem to find any opportunities to join a pick-up group to get my disc advanced. I have the WHM weapon, and am definitely looking forward to unlocking the weaponskill, but I'm not even going to start to work off points until I get my disc higher. It turned out ok since I was more interested in getting some armor, likewise with Redd.

In the end, we successfully climbed from 20-30 and then fought Khiim at floor 80 who generously dropped the Goliard body for me! This is a nice macro piece for Martyr and Devotion (which are getting close to 700HP/350MP respectively) as well as a good boost to my Conserve MP build. I haven't really examined how it will impact RDM other than being a good convert piece. Next time I gear up RDM, I'll take a closer look.

I also got promoted to Lance Corporal last week. I just need to get in on a good besieged so that I can get enough IS to buy a Sentinel Shield for when I skill-up as WAR/DNC. The shield just looks sexy! I'm currently at 3/25 towards my next promotion, which won't take too long at all, if I can just get in on some extra Nyzul runs.

*oh yeah, and I think I'm going to see if I can get into CB's Dynamis LS on Friday nights only. I don't like the whole points-based system for lotting ice relic, but I can deal with it. The time is much more convenient than Saturday @ 6:30 PM (which is right after dinner and interferes with prime family-time).
Posted Nov 5 2008, 10:30 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment