Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Epic Night and Loot

Tuesday nights are always busy for me. I get home from work, grab a quick bite, then log in and get ready for Dynamis. Then, I have to hurry to Whitegate for Nyzul Isle assault. The primary reason that I am participating in these two events is for gear. I love to collect the fancy RA/EX stuff (and some of it is even useful!). So, I usually look forward to Tuesday nights and the opportunity for a mini FFXI marathon.

Yesterday, I was pumped all day at work because my dynamis shell was scheduled to do Xarcabard. I've been itching to do a northlands zone since SE increased the drop rate of relic, yet I haven't had many opportunities since the shells that I had been going with are a bunch of retarded n00bs. So, imagine my disappointment when I get home, log in, and find that we're not doing Xarcabard, but Jeuno instead (which we had just done the previous run). Fine, Jeuno gives me the chance to get the last piece of city relic that I need for my 3 75s.

So we enter (20 miins late) and the first piece of armor that drops is WAR! I am the first to lot and I get a good one: 782. I see 2 others lot below me... things are looking good. Then, Dabox lots 800-something. You know Dabox from the ZNM in Mt. Z? Wait a second, he's not even here tonight... His character is being 2-boxed by the LS leader! I was a bit angry. Just a few kills later (literally, like 5 minutes) another pair of WAR hands drop. I lot again, but lot in the mid 100s. Someone else wins. Now, I'm just defeated. I think "looks like I'll have to get them some other Jeuno run." Imagine my surprise when between 30-45 mins later ANOTHER pair drop! I lot (poorly) but win the last pair!

Posted Image

If any more had dropped they would've been freelot, but none did. So, now I've got those nice new gloves to macro in for WS maybe? I figure they might be good for Steel Cyclone, but then I'd be losing the STR from Pallas' bracelets... Gonna have to speak with a veteran WAR for some advice.

The rest of the run is pretty lousy. We wipe to an astral flow, we wipe to a bad pull on the mega boss, then our THFs & PLDs can't figure out how to use Perfect Dodge and Invincible to pull the boss back to the camp and we end up timing out without the win. Before I switch pearls, I see that they're scheduleing Jeuno again... for the 3rd straight time...

Let me just say I'm glad I won't be able to make that run!

After, I run to Nyzul Isle. The plan is to climb 16-20 to get my disc up (and get some armor) and then do 31-40 to get CB (lol) and Sligs discs up (and get some armor). The first run goes very smoothly. The group is really starting to click and handle the different floors well. We zone into floor 20 with just under 10 minutes on the timer and see: "White Magic is restricted". W T F The only thing I could do was a single martyr for ~600 hp and Benediction. CB, Slig, Yosh, Wack and I all 2hrd and we were able to win!!!! The cherry on top:

Posted Image

I was the only person who wanted them, so now I've got some new shoes to use for WHM (I can leave my Numerist Pumps in the mog house)! yay

Floor 31-35 went well until we got to the last floor. Less than 10 minutes and we get lamps:order. After running around for a bit we see that there are 4 lamps.
First combination: off off off off
(1-minute warning)
Second combination: off off off off
(30-second warning)
Third combination:
(10-second warning)
Floor 35 Objective Complete! Rune of Transfer Activated.
Exit with just a second to spare :)

EPIC!

The climb from 36-40 was pretty uneventful. No scary restrictions and the boss went down smoothly. Nothing dropped, unfortunately. I'd love to see Goliard Trews drop next time (hell, I'd love to see anything drop since it's been awhile since we've seen any Askar, too) so that I can be 4/5 on Goliard. But really, Goliard two weeks in a row?! I'm not gonna complain!

Now I'm at 7/25 towards my next promotion. I need to do a couple of pick-up Nyzul runs if I can to get my disc caught up with CB and Sligs. I also need to do a few campaign battles so that I don't lose my medal (only 2 days left!). Lastly, I need to get some Imperial Standing so that I can buy my sentinel shield. Oh, and I'd like to finish off my next MP merit.
Posted Nov 12 2008, 03:19 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment