Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Minor Accomplishments over the Weekend

Well, I tried getting into a few extra nyzul runs to get my disc higher. The first group did 3 runs, hoping to go 11-15, then 16-20 x2. We got the clear on 15 with just 1 or 2 seconds to spare (no joke). Then the next two runs we got held up on floor 19 (I was the only healer, although there was a BLU and we had a custard mob on a floor with a White Magic Restriction: meaning I had 1 martyr and 1 benediction available for healing). The only good thing to drop was a pair of Bounding Boots from LL on a 'kill all mobs' floor. I lotted something like 640, which is a nice lot, but lost to 4 of the others in the PT.

Then, I tried to do a run for 20 with Sath and Dev. They needed a DD. Since I have never done Nyzul as a DD, I was very excited to give it a shot. I was in a hurry to change to WAR, and forgot that I had 1) given the last of my silent oils to Protecus the week before and 2) sent my spare ninja tools to my DB to free up some space. What this meant is that I showed up to Nyzul without any form of sneak...

We ended up getting massive flan aggro while fighting the leader NM and wiped. It was fun to go as WAR, but I'm disappointed in myself for not being properly prepared like a noob and disappointed that we didn't get the clear to 20 for my disc.

In other news, I got my DNC to 35 so I finally have access to Drain Samba II and Healing Waltz. I don't think I'll put much effort into taking it to 37 (as much as I hate to have gimped subjobs). Eager to try it out as a sub, I geared up and headed out to the tree to skill up dagger with Ia. (Braego and all of his skilling up put the bug in me...) I got my dagger from 166 to 203 so far and my NPC dinged 38 in the process!

Tonight I've got Dynamis - Xarcabard followed by Nyzul and then Dynamis - Beaucedine on Saturday (which I will be missing). I'd love to get some of my ice relic soon. I figure I'll prioritize my relic lotting like so:

Xarcabard: RDM, WAR, WHM
Beaucedine: WHM, WAR, RDM
Jeuno: WAR

For Xarcabard, the chapeau is just plain sexy, but I wonder if I shouldn't comment WAR first since there will be less competition for the WAR piece than the RDM. Not to mention that I seldom play RDM (although I tell myself I'd be more willing to play it more if I had better gear). The WAR body looks nice and I think it would match my dusk hands and feet :) . The WHM gloves are inventory -1. I don't see how they would be useful at all, except for maybe to macro in on my enfeebles for Nyzul.

Beaucedine is an easy decision to lot WHM first. The bonus to Regen effect has a major impact on the efficiency of those spells. Fully meritted regen 1/2/3 with briault has a HP:MP ration of 15.714 / 11.515 / 9.655 (with /SCH Light Arts). For reference, Cure V is generally considered the most efficient cure spell, which only has a HP:MP ration of 6.025 (w/ Light Arts). You can clearly see how efficient these spells become with merits and the Cleric's Briault (as long as another person doesn't heal over top of them). I figure I'd lot WAR second since I spend most of my time in-game as WAR and as much as I want the RDM body, I really only want it for the shiny-factor and for soloing.

The WAR hands from Jeuno are the last piece of city relic that I need for my 3 75s. I'd love to get those out of the way soon. One pair dropped at Saturday's run, but I was outlotted by 600pts to the only other person who had them commented. If nothing changes, the next time we do Jeuno, I'll be the only person commenting WAR, I just hope that they actually drop.

The dynamis shell that I've been going with the last few weeks is FearNothing. They're a nice group of people, but they don't have the numbers to really go in and take care of a zone. Since I've been with them, the only zone they've cleared is Bastok (which a BLM could probably solo). They've recently merged with another shell, so that our numbers are slightly better. Now, instead of going into Jeuno with less than a full alliance, we've actually got closer to 30 players. I really don't care much about the wins, I just want to have a shell that can stay in the zone long enough to kill a fair amount of mobs so that we can see some decent drops.

So that's been my in-game life for the past few days. Ia and I had a nice weekend with Braego up. I got some stuff accomplished and I'm looking forward to some new loot from Nyzul and Dynamis this week. Oh, and I got another merit doing some Campaign while trying to keep from losing my medal. I've got 2 days to get enough points to keep my medal.... I don't want to lose my rank before the next version update, when SE is supposed to finish the WotG mission as well as add another level of Campaign medals. Getting closer to my 6th MP merit :)

See you in-game!

*edit

OOG: I had to take Sidney, my German Shepherd, in to be put to sleep yesterday. I say my dog, but in reality, she belonged to Ia and Braego when they got her as a pup ~13 years ago (I've been taking care of her for the last 5). It was very sad and hard to do which I wasn't really expecting. But, she was very old and was in pain all the time, having major trouble walking, not to mention her extremely poor vision/hearing. I'll post a pic here when I get home. RIP Sid!


Posted Image
Posted Nov 11 2008, 10:11 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment