Wednesday, December 24, 2008

No New Shinies ; ;

Sunday was another run at Dynamis - Beaucedine. We teamed up with a low-man group to get the clear for them and ended up taking 48 people into the zone. It was a slaughterfest. We killed the mobs so fast I could barely get two swings in on mobs that weren't NMs, THF, or PLD. We got to the boss in about 45 mins or so. Then things turned ugly.

Our dragon-puller got killed on his kite to the zoneline and our main PLD had never done the boss before, and pulled the boss to the rest of the alliance who were all sneakily waiting nearby. So, the dragons come back and omgwtfPWNd the entire group.

So, we decide to HP, come back and try again (for the record, I just wanted to come back and farm and screw the attampt for the win). Well, we lose almost 1/3 of the group by the time people make it back to the zone and unweaken. We go for two more time extensions and get them before enough people gripe that we should just farm for the rest of the run, instead of the suicide attempt at the win. As it turns out, the farming sucked and we didn't get any drops.

For once, I want to come out of a Beaucedine with a dozen relic like I see some other LS get sometimes. We had DRGx2, COR, BST I think. So, just one more week that the Briault, Tabard, and cuisses escape me...

Oh, and lots of death meant that I came out of dynamis with a 3.5k buffer on WAR. Gots to do something about that!

Yesterday, I flag up and hit the campaign trail to get a bigger buffer for WAR before the next Dynamis. Well, the invite was slow coming, but I eventually got one and headed to Mt. Z for a bit of troll-killing fun! The leader asked me to come /SAM which was much fun! PT was PLD, MNK, WAR, DRK, BRD, RDM. We had some time in Mt. Z waiting for the PT to gather, so by the time I got to camp, i was at 300% TP. Wanting to set the bar high for the PLD, I waited for the first provoke on the first mob before I used berserk/aggressor/warcry/hasso/warrior's charge Steel Cyclone for 1600 dmg. When I told Ia, she said something about me being a meat-head or a melee-tard or something like that. It was pretty awesome :)

The PT went pretty well. Diamondhide and PLD mobs gave us trouble. I felt that I was the top DD in the PT though and was pleased with my performance. I tended to save my TP to do a darkness SC with the MNK or a distortion SC with the PLD (gogo working off points towards King's Justice!) which would tend to leave me tanking the mob for a few provokes from the PLD (or until the mob was dead, as was often the case). It was nice to see some fully un-resisted SCs and watch the life bar of the mob drop by 30% or more in one chunk (like a 1300 Steel Cyclone which closed a 900 pt Darkness skillchain). I had a lot of fun in that PT, even though we weren't getting insane XP. I managed to get my buffer up above 20k before I left for Nyzul. I'd love to do some more meriting on WAR, get a bit of a bigger buffer, then start working on some more merits.

Nyzul was pretty fun. We did 3x80 hoping for some GD askar. We picked up Alden to replace Redd, and Ia came to rep Yosh. It was nice having Ia along and getting to do something with her in game again. It seems like it's been forever since we've actually done an event outside of besieged.

The first two runs went very smooth, getting to the boss floor with 15 and 12 mins remaining. We had Cerb both times and both times we were able to take him out without too much trouble. We got RNG weapon on the first, Denali and PUP weapon on the 2nd boss kill, which Alden lotted (I'm guessing slig didn't want it).

The 3rd run went pretty well until floor 78 or 79. It was a huge floor; objective: kill leader. The leader was a the frog BLM, and things just seemed to go wrong. Slig and I were the only ones there at first, so we got started on the NM. Ia had to go AFK 'cause the baby was fussing, so she sat at the rune. Eventually the rest of the PT showed up and then things wend downhill. A couple of charms went off, turning CB and slig into little bitch-froggies. They killed Alden, then me. CB uncharmed and was killed by wack (who was just charmed) and slig. Slig uncharmed and was killed by the NM and wack. Then Wack uncharmed, and I thought we might have a chance. But, oh no, SE wouldn't allow that. the NM used Firaga III knocking wack down to less than 200 hp and then KO'd hiim with a couple of melee hits.

It took a little time to recover and get everyone raised. We had only a couple of minutes left, so we decided to try to zerg the NM just to get the clear on the floor and then exit, but we ran out of time. We may have been able to kill the NM if Ia hadn't gone AFK because we could've used her Horde lullaby to sleep the charmed ppl, but I wouldn't say it was a sure win if she had been there. Really, I can't complain since we've had a few weeks of nearly flawless runs. Having one bad run now and then isn't so bad.

I think Ia could see the difference in our performance compared the the first few times we tried Nyzul (when was that, exactly?!). The static that we have works very well together, which is always very nice to see. I hope that we leave a good impression on those who we pick up to fill in when needed. Great job guys!
Posted Dec 24 2008, 11:55 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment