Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Gots Me A Dorp!

Dynamis Beaucedine last night. We got crazy drops, something like, 16 pieces of relic (RDMx3, BLMx3, BLUx2, WARx2, SCH, COR, MNK, SAM, BST, WHM). One mob dropped both RDM and BLU bodies. We had 4 pieces of relic in the treasure pool at one time (RDMx2, BLU, BLM). The linkshell leaders did some recruiting and we ended up with 40 people in the zone. I had terrible luck with lots on synth mats, only snagging one XP scroll in the first 90 minutes. Then, we had back-to-back wootz ores drop, for which I lotted 858 and 850. I had high lots on both for a few minutes, until someone else raised up and beat my 850. It was funny because the sponsor commented on how I always had shitty lots on synth mats when I used to run with them before, but whenever wootz dropped, I'd get super lucky (although he exaggerated a bit saying I'd come away with 4 or 5 ores, when I never won more than 2 in a single run). So, I ended coming away from that run with ~180k, which is the only reason I wanted to do beaucedine in the first place. We ended up getting the clear with less than a minute left on the hourglasses.

They have some Tavnazia's scheduled and plan to do dual runs those nights, with the 'left over' ppl doing a city zone. The first city zone is Bastok, which I will definitely be attending, and hoping for more luck with Wootz ores.

They announced that they're going to move toward a point system to reward those reliable folks who can't seem to get lucky with drops. This is nice because it will make it slightly easier for me to get my chapeau, but I can see myself falling behind since I can't do CoP zones.

On Tuesday, before Nyzul, Ald, Wack and I went down to the Den of Rancor to help Leg with one of his ZMs. On the way we killed Carmine-Tailed Tonberry (or something like that) who was nice enough to drop the Asklepios (WHM/BLM/SCH/SMN only club, 30HP->MP, Cure potency +5%) which they let me have. I had forgotten all about that club, but it was one that I wanted a long time ago. It is a nice club to dual-wield with Templar Mace for an extra 15% cure potency.

Nyzul went well, moving our discs from 50-65. If all goes well next week, we'll get to floor 80 and maybe even see some armor drop! We had a couple of NMs killed, including Aquarius, who's ??? axe turned out to be a Franscisca, which nobody wanted/needed. Despite a couple of shouts, nobody in Whitegate wanted it and it ended up getting lost. Floor 60 gave us a DRK scythe. I think this is like the 6th boss in a row that has dropped nothing but a weapon for us. I'd say we're due for some gear! After the climbs, Deep found that Tachi: Rana was unlocked. Hopefully Vay's WS will come next week. Alden and I haven't even begun to unlock our WSs yet (I won't even begin to try until I get a disc up to 95).

Tonight is ENM night and maybe a quick UIA when we're done since I've finally got 60 BS again. It sure would be nice to see some drops to bring us out of this dry-spell.
Posted Mar 19 2009, 10:21 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment