Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Map and Rutters 1/1

The week has started out good for me. I logged on in the Labrynth of Onzozo and found Vay there killin' PH for Ose uncontested. I teamed up and we got the NM shortly after; no drop. Then, we decided to head back out to Newton Molvapolos to see if we could get a coffer key/coffer and also kill Matman for my Rutter Sabatons.

Vay changed to /THF and we ran to the NPC to gamble our way to Mine Shaft #2716. It cost me 58k total to get my key item, then get warped to the entrance to the mine shaft. We buffed up and went in to find a coffer key. A short while later, we must have linked the entire zone, but eventually were able to get a coffer key and another Sylvan Stone off the same mob. A short trek later and we found the coffer. Now, I have a nice new map of the zone! It is so much less stressful trying to navigate the zone with an in-game map!

We headed to the Matman spawn and cleared the area. We made fairly short work of the NM, who generously dropped my Rutters :) Yay for 1/1!

Vay needed to go get some studying done, and I needed to go work out, so I ran myself back to the labrynth and went AFK. I came back 2 hours later to find another PT there killin' PH. I buffed up and started killin, as well. Vay came back and joined me a few minutes later. About 20 minutes after he showed up, we got the claim on Ose and took him down. Unfortunately, we didn't get the drop. I'll be heading back out there this afternoon to kill more PH and hopefully take the NM down once or twice more before Nyzul Isle tonight.

The other group that was out there included a DRG named Kongal. Apparently, Kongal used to be a slayer, but dropped his pearl when he quit a year ago. He's back, now, however and got another linkpearl from Vay after we claimed and killed Ose. Part of me wonders if he just wants a pearl because we can help him get his Assault Jerkin. Part of me also wonders if he expects to be able to get it before Vaynard or me, since it is obviously a more important piece for a DRG than it is for RDM. I'm not really sure how I feel about this. It's not like Ose's window is very predictable, so getting ToD isn't all too important. But at the same time, Vay and I have been spending a lot of time in the last week trying to get the armor. So, who should get the drop (if it drops)? If Kongal does get it, should we expect him to leave the LS after? I just don't know...

If we could manage to snag an Assault Jerkin and Goliard Pants today, I think it would make this week a good week drop-wise (and I don't think Vay would disagree)! Add an Askar helm on top of that and it could make the week epic!

I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Posted Sep 29 2009, 08:56 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment