Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Update Day +1

The servers were down for 5 hours longer than SE originally planned, which meant that I didn't have a whole lot of time to play around with the changes to the game.

As soon as I was able to log in, I ran to Ru'Lude Gardens to do the latest limit break. You've gotta give the Nomad Moogle near Maat 3 merit points and 5 kindered seals. I happened to have plenty of both KS and merits, so it wasn't long before I was running out of Al Zahbi to kill a bird or 5. In the span of ~30 minutes, I was able to ding all my capped jobs to 76 ^^ (FWIW, I was the 24th person on the server to ding 76).

Even just spending 5 minutes on each job made me want to play each of them. I thought I was going to take WHM to 80 first, since it is my favorite job in the game, but now, I just don't know. I should at least get a significant buffer on WAR since I actually use that in an event where I actually lose xp (Dynamis). The problem is that I like to /SAM to dynamis, but SAM is only 37! I'll be gimp! Maybe I'll go /NIN or /DNC just for fun (if they even do a dynamis run tonight). I wouldn't mind if dynamis was cancelled again so that I could put my flag up or work on campaign battles to get a more realistic buffer.

As for levelling jobs to the new cap, I figure it will be fairly easy to get parties on WHM and RDM, since healers are in short supply. Likewise for BRD, since everyone loves a BRD. WAR and MNK are both pretty good jobs in campaign, so I should be able to get xp fairly easily (if not quickly).

I just don't know which I'm most excited for! The WAR updates seem very nice, with some interesting things to try. I'd love to have access to /SCH40 either from WHM or RDM. I'd like to have access to convert on WHM, too. Maybe I'll just focus on WHM until I cap it again... I just don't know!!!

Maybe I'll try listing pros/cons of levelling each new job to 80, in the order in which they ding'd 75...

WHM:
@76: Protect/Shell V
@78: Baramnesra
@80: Cure VI
Accession (/SCH)
Convert (/RDM)
Warp II (/BLM)

RDM:
@76: Teleport-Altep/Yhoat (/WHM)
Protect V
@77: Regen II
@78: Baramnesia
@78: Stona (/WHM)
@80: Cura (/WHM; useless)
Accession (/SCH: AoE EVERYTHING! except for haste)
Warp II (/BLM)

WAR:
@77: Restraint
@80: Sekkanoki (/SAM)
Crit Attack Bonus
Shield Block Bonus

BRD:
@76: Requiem VII
Teleport-Yhoat/Altep (/WHM)
@78: Paeon VI
Stona (/WHM)
@80: Minuet V
Convert (/RDM)
Accession (/SCH)
Crit Defense Bonus

MNK:
@77: Perfect Counter
@77: Guard TP Bonus


Looking at this list, it looks like either RDM or WHM will be the most fun @ 80, with lots of different subjob options to make the jobs flexible and fun. I guess I need to get some gear back from Ia so that I can get to LFP!
Posted Jun 22 2010, 01:20 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment