Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Welcome back, Ia!

Ia reactivated her account! I gave her all of my non-RA/EX BRD gear and some of my lower level melee gear for her to use. I also bought 3/4 of her RSE as well. She isn't happy with her gear and doesn't have any money to buy new gear. I told her she is welcome to sell the manteel, which would give her more than enough gil to outfit any of her jobs, but she is reluctant.

With the announcement that the level cap will be raised to 99, I realized that I would have to level subjobs again. Since I plan on capping WHM or RDM first, I decided that it would be necessary to level my mage subs to the new sub-level cap of 49.

I started with SCH and got that to 49 last week. I had a lot of fun using Accession and en-spells. I happened to ding 49 in a sync'd PT in qufim with a PL where I was just there to nuke. As soon as I dinged, I changed to BLM (which was at 40) and continued in the same role. Before I left the dunes, I had BLM at 43. I would have had 44, but for some reason, my internet connection dropped on my laptop and I couldn't log back in (despite having a good internet connection).

I had a few parties since, one kind of fun in East Ronfaure (S), and one not so fun in Garlaige Citadel. I'm just 1.8k from level 49, which means that with a charge from my empress band, I'll be half way to 50. I will probably just take BLM to 50 so I can quest/store my AF and get Freeze to try out some AM. The temptation then, would be to take it to 51 so I can use my elemental staves. Then, to 53 for Firaga III, followed by the burn to 75 in Vunkerl Inlet (S). I'm really low on funds right now, so I'm not sure if I'll continue with BLM or start on my melee subs. I'd really hate to feel gimp when levelling. At least I'll already have my elemental skill capped until BLM 70 (or so) so I won't have to skill up a whole lot.

Speaking of melee subs, I think I'll focus on DNC, then NIN, SAM, THF. Maybe some day I'll finish BLU and DRK. I doubt I'll touch SMN since having /SMN 49 really doesn't give anything more than /SMN 37, with the exception of more MP. Of course not having any gil to level BLM means that I also don't have much gil to buy gear for any of these jobs, either. I'm just a single fight away from the Sleepga II scroll, which sells for 500-600k. BUT since I kind of have the BLM bug, I don't know if it would be wise to sell it. I haven't checked on the price of Retrace, but I'll have to buy that, if I continue to level BLM much farther.[/s]
Posted Mar 16 2010, 10:57 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment