Monday, October 17, 2011

Back in the groove

I got back in the game, and back in the groove in the last few days.  I got into an abyssea party and managed to take DNC, BRD, and WAR to cap.

Ia and I knocked out a few of her CoP missions.  It should be fun getting her up into sea.  I'm not looking forward to all of the legwork, though.

I spent some time leveling Ia's subjobs.  I took both her BLM and SCH subs from 38-50, so she doesn't have to worry about doing that.  I also got her the last ~20k or so that she needed on WHM to get it to 80.  Now, she can do 2 neat tricks: Accession buff and Warp II!

I did a couple of farming sessions in Castle O. to help with my new scroll fund.  Both sessions got cut short due for other things.

I helped Ev/Flow/Mil and CB proc/kill Brulo for Maleficus.  After we popped Koios and managed to snag CB's last PUP body seal.  No SCH earring though :(

After, CB agreed to explore Dynamis - Beaucedine with me.  I wanted BLM and SCH AF, he wanted PUP.  We both really just wanted to explore a bit, though.  Except for the first TE (the goblin statue), the session went quite well.  We got the 4 10-minute TEs, and farmed quadavs for a little over an hour.  We walked out with only 25 coins, but learned a lot in the process. I got PLD and SMN AF.

The following night, we went back in with Ev on THF.  We got all 5 TEs without any problems and had a good long time to farm for currency/AF.  What a difference his TH made.  We walked out with 99 currency and I managed to snag BLM, SCH, DNC, THF, and another SMN AF.  I had forgotten that I needed DNC legs until they dropped.  Too bad we didn't see any PUP. 




These allow my chocobo jig to last a full 3 minutes! 


And this piece is great for sublimation and buffs!

If I understand correctly, at 95 with Relic body and AF hat, my sublimation will charge at a rate of 4HP -> 10MP / tic.  With ~1200 HP, it should only take 1.5 minutes to fully charge.  At this point, sublimation is so much better than refresh; it's not even close.  I just need to spend some time playing around on SCH so I can get a feel for how it works.  Now, if I can ever manage to get the SCH earring and this little gem:


Then my sublimation will complete in just 1.25 mins!  I must make an effort to attain these shinies!

No comments:

Post a Comment