Friday, October 21, 2011

Castle O: My Home Away From Home

I've spent the last few nights farming in Castle O.  I just love tearing that place apart on DNC.  One of my first memories of that place came a long time ago when I was doing Windy missions.  There was a group of us (not sure if we were 75) who needed to click the ??? in the middle of the room at the top of Castle O.  The High Priest NM was up, though, and we didn't know how we were supposed to click it without linking the entire room.  Eventually someone who didn't need the mission sac pulled the NM and all the other mobs so that we could get the ???. 

Now?  I can clear every mob in the room and still have time to go AFK to get a drink before repops.  Super fun!

I'm trying to save up a bit of gil but every trip to the AH can be dangerous for me.  When I get some cash saved up, I start to look at (and bid on) the luxury items.  Ideally, I need to be saving up for:

Blizzaja (~1.5 mil)
Comet (~2.5 mil)
Thunder V (~1.7 mil)
Curaga V (~500k)
Temper (~500k)
Holy II (~600k)

But, in typical fashion, I spent all my gil on this, instead:




I can't wait to actually use it!  Finally a cure potency piece that I can use on RDM and SCH (BLM and BRD, too)!  While it doesn't change my cure potency on WHM at all, it does bring cure potency on BLM/RDM/SCH/BRD up to 44%.

Of course I'm broke now and still don't have any of the scrolls that I need, and I probably overpaid for the new piece, but I was super excited to be able to buy this!

At the end of the night, I went with Ev and CB again to farm up some dynamis currency.  We tossed around the idea of going to a different zone, but in the end, in the interest of maximizing our profit potential, we just went into Beaucedine again.  As I was going to the quad TE, CB decided to run up to the Orc TE at the pond to solo it and save a few minutes.  Unfortunately, he didn't have reraise up and had a massive link, including a BLM who was out of range for his sleep.  He ended up getting KO'd and homepointed, thinking that he would be able to enter like old-style dynamis.  He dropped from the party and logged off when he couldn't get back in.  I hope he wasn't too upset.

Ev and I took out the last TE and went to farm the Yagudos.  We managed to pull the entire night without any magic stagger mobs.  I think there was only 2 or 3 mobs that we didn't stagger the entire night.  We both walked away with 55 coins, which I sold overnight. 

I really would like to do dynamis every night, though.  I could use a few hundred thousand gil every day.

I wasn't keeping track, but armor was something like SCHx3, BST, DRK, SMN, WHM, THF.  With the exception of CB's KO, it was a fun (and productive) run!

No comments:

Post a Comment