Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Retribution

It was a rare occasion on Thursday night that Ia was able to log in.  We then spent the next hour trying to figure out what we wanted to do.  Before she could spend all her gil at the AH, I suggested that we go out and skill up a bit.

We ended up in Kuftal Tunnal, me as MNK/DNC, her as BRD/NIN.  I wanted to get my staff skill up a few levels.  I started at 194 and after ~1 hour of beating up on crabs, I finished with 207 and some change.  The next day I went to the Boyahda Tree for more skill ups.  I couldn't devote huge chunks of time, but I was able to get my skill up to 232 before I left.

I picked up my pole of trials, but didn't manage to make it out to do any weaponskills until last night when sligs offered to help me out.  In just under 90 minutes, we were able to break the latent.  I ran out to Ifrit's Cauldron and beat up the skeleton NM to finally learn the last weaponskill that I needed to have all blue procs for MNK.  Now, I won't feel like such a noob when we go to kill NMs during blunt time!

After, sligs and I went to Abyssea - Attohwa to kill Kharon for some SMN head seals.  We went as MNK/DNC x2 and had a super fun time!  We only got 2 SMN seals in the 2 hours that we were there, but we had a ton of fun doing it!  If we had one more person, we probably would have been able to yellow stagger him.   Maybe next time!

Sligs also showed interest in doing dynamis regularly with me, which could work out well.  I can see him going DNC/NIN and me going mage (maybe SCH?) just to handle links and magic staggers.

I'm looking forward to getting some stuff done in-game this weekend; I hope that the linkshell or my friends list isn't empty when I go to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment