Monday, February 4, 2019

Yagrush / Carnwenhan Progress

I didn't play much the past week.  Instead I found myself watching movies and TV shows.  The little break was nice.

I finally logged in and actually played some FFXI over the weekend.  I spent most of my time on Saturday working on Yagrush's Mythic Boon kill trials.  I prepared by making the WHM Oboro weapon and off-handing my Yagrush.  This meant that my WSs actually did some decent damage and I wasn't at risk of missing a WS (which happened a few times when I started the Yagrush trials).  The killspeed wasn't great (averaging ~80/hour), but I had the camps mostly to myself, so it was pretty relaxing.  Next task: kill Tyger (x3)

Not Pictured: Accuracy +50, Attack +30, Double Attack +5%

Saturday night saw some Warder of Love camping for the last torque that Wack needs to synergize his Combatant's Torque.  We were there for ~1.5 hours and only saw 2 pops (back-to-back no less!).  No drop, unfortunately.  We're definitely getting burned out on this NM...

Next we went out to kill Glazemane a few times.  IDK what everyone was after, but we went NIN, BRD, and Sligs came out on DNC.  That fight can go sour pretty quickly... We ended up going 2/4 with nothing but a few fangs, and an x-potion to show for it.

Before calling it a night we went in to do a quick Ambuscade for our weekly seal. Still NIN/BRD/DNC, we called a few healing trusts to see how it would go.  With no way to silence the BLM mob, we needed to kill him and then the trusts couldn't handle the curse/petrify.  So, I switched to RDM so that we'd have the silence handled.  We had Yoran-Oran and Cherukiki for support trusts.  Cherukiki is nice because she uses regens and will debuff the mob.  For casters, she'll even silence them. For this fight, however, the main NM is pretty much invincible unless he's casting a spell.  And Cherukiki kept him silenced.

The fight should have taken a couple of minutes but ended up taking closer to 20.  Lesson learned, I guess.  For the rest of this month, if I'm doing ambsucade I'm going to be on WHM.

It was Superbowl Sunday, so there wasn't much going on in the evening.  During the day, however, Braego and I were busy building Tyger pops.  The biggest bottleneck was getting through Arrapago Reef as we couldn't get a darn Lamian Fang Key to drop for the 2nd set of doors.  Eventually, I just warped and came in from the back (after getting my free key out of the Mire).  He grabbed the Caedarva Mire survival guide right after so it should be very easy to build Tyger pops in the future.  Now, between Braego, Wack, and myself we have the 3 Tyger pops that I need to finish my next Yagrush trial.  I'm hoping to have it 119'd very soon. 

Yagrush trials for the nerds in the audience.

I was only 1 NM away from a Sarameya pop, so I did that real quick, too.  I already had a Tinnin trophy AND a Tinnin pop.  Now I'm all ready to get those T4 ZNM trophies for Carnwenhan when the time comes. 


Throw in some Einherjar thoughout as we had time, and that was my weekend in a nutshell. 
More nerdage...

No comments:

Post a Comment